Is My Offer Legit? Guy Won't Respond - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Is My Offer Legit? Guy Won't Respond

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is My Offer Legit? Guy Won't Respond

Postby Rmbxr9 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:46 pm

2 Part Question...

14 Teams, 0.5 PPR
I've offered J.Stew for Eric Decker. The guy with Decker only has 2 RBs (Gore and Lynch), no backups and the Bye are coming.
He has 7 WRs, in a league that can only start 3, and only has 14 Roster spots.

So, is this trade a legit offer?

Second, I offered this trade on Sunday, and there's still no response.
This happened in week 1 where I offered the same level of trade to someone, it went Sunday to Sunday with no response and I pulled it.

It is bad etiqute to call people out on this via the league message board? Or email the Commish? It's a $150 league, so people should be somewhat invested, right?
They get an email with the trade offer, should see it when they check their lineup, how hard is it to hit Reject? I know people have lives, but it takes 30 seconds.
Rmbxr9
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is My Offer Legit? Guy Won't Respond

Postby Rmbxr9 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Any Opines?
Rmbxr9
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:37 pm

maybe he also has other offer, as in 14 teams league starting with 3WR and he has 7WR, assuming they are all decent WR, all other 13 teams must be really lacking on WR depth, therefore, you might not be the only one who's trying to make the trade with him

or maybe he rather give up week5 score if he is already 4-0

maybe he just simply don't care or can't decide, but there's always inactive player in any league even if you offer Rodger/Rice/megatron.

just let it sit, if he don't like the trade, he can always reject, but people are afraid of trading players for no reason.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 234)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Rmbxr9 wrote:
It is bad etiqute to call people out on this via the league message board? Or email the Commish? It's a $150 league, so people should be somewhat invested, right?

To go 3 or 4 days without seeing it could just be because that person only looks at FF on weekends. Or as another poster has stated, he could be looking at other offers. If it went a week, and he updated his lineup, then it's just not responding. I know I have done that in the past, I have a league where I receive regular lowball offers from a certain person for RBs. It's gotten to where I don't even take that person seriously any more and don't bother giving them the time of day when they offer trades. Unresponsive of me? I look at it as not wasting my time.

I don't think it's appropriate to call him out or complain to the commish. The owner is under no obligation to entertain anyone's trade offers. He paid his money just like everyone else, and he should be able to run his team however he wants.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions