Help with this Trade. WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help with this Trade. WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help with this Trade. WHIR 100%

Postby TugzMcBoat » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:03 pm

counter trade I'm considering offering atm

12 team standard scoring no PPR

I send:
Michael Turner, Santana Moss, Jordy Nelson

I receive:
Ryan Mathews, Nate Washington, Jason Witten

My Roster
QB: Rivers
RB: Michael turner Fred Jackson
RB/WR: Redman
WR: Sidney Rice Jordy Nelson
TE: Scott Chandler

Bench: Antonio Gates, Crabtree, Santana Moss, Randall Cobb, Jerome Harrison, Roy Helu, Denarius Moore

His Roster:
QB: Michael Vick
RB: Darren McFadden, Ryan Mathews
W/R: Nate Washington
WR: Nate Burelson, David Nelson
TE: Owen Daniels

Bench: Knowshon Moreno, Boldin, Jason witten, Jason Cambell, Malcolm Floyd, Stevan Ridley

He initially offered me a trade that involved Vick and Rivers, but the rest of the trade didn't equal out in my favor so i declined, he then offered me Washington, Cambell, and Witten, in exchange for Turner and Nelson.

I quickly shot that down but I'm considering counter offering him with the above mentioned trade. I like Ryan Mathews a lot and would gladly sell Turner for him straight up, but this guy needs recievers and is trying to get rid of a TE, also would be kinda intrigued if I can put Vick on the table. What do you guys think, offering him too much?

WHIR 100% just post link, thanks
10 team standard- passing TD's = 6pts
QB: Stafford
RB: R. Matthews, A. Bradshaw, I. Redmann, B. Tate, CJ Spiller,
WR: G. Jennings, A. Johnson, E. Decker, T. Smith, K. Britt, M. Crabtree
TE: J. Tamme
DEF: Philly
start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DEF 1K
TugzMcBoat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help with this Trade. WHIR 100%

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:09 pm

i wouldnt do it i think nelson and moss have more upside then the rest of the trade

please help
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=502185
joeyg2323
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby schmidty » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:21 pm

I like it. I think value-wise it works in your favor. Of course when Gates comes back you'll have an abundance of riches at that position ... but you deal with that later. The only issue I see if that you look awfully short-handed at WR ... especially after you're shipping 2 WRs to get 1. But it's the kind of thing I would just pay attention to the waiver wire to address when the right guy breaks out.

Help in return? viewtopic.php?t=502187
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)

Postby TugzMcBoat » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:44 pm

schmidty wrote:I like it. I think value-wise it works in your favor. Of course when Gates comes back you'll have an abundance of riches at that position ... but you deal with that later. The only issue I see if that you look awfully short-handed at WR ... especially after you're shipping 2 WRs to get 1. But it's the kind of thing I would just pay attention to the waiver wire to address when the right guy breaks out.

thanks for the help, another thing I'm considering- he obviously wants Jordy Nelson and Turner. I offered Moss because he wanted him in another trade, but of these recievers which one do you like best to accompany Nelson: Moss/Moore/Crabtree/or Rice?
10 team standard- passing TD's = 6pts
QB: Stafford
RB: R. Matthews, A. Bradshaw, I. Redmann, B. Tate, CJ Spiller,
WR: G. Jennings, A. Johnson, E. Decker, T. Smith, K. Britt, M. Crabtree
TE: J. Tamme
DEF: Philly
start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DEF 1K
TugzMcBoat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby schmidty » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:58 pm

TugzMcBoat wrote:
schmidty wrote:I like it. I think value-wise it works in your favor. Of course when Gates comes back you'll have an abundance of riches at that position ... but you deal with that later. The only issue I see if that you look awfully short-handed at WR ... especially after you're shipping 2 WRs to get 1. But it's the kind of thing I would just pay attention to the waiver wire to address when the right guy breaks out.

thanks for the help, another thing I'm considering- he obviously wants Jordy Nelson and Turner. I offered Moss because he wanted him in another trade, but of these recievers which one do you like best to accompany Nelson: Moss/Moore/Crabtree/or Rice?

Which one do I like best as in "who would I most feel good about getting rid of"? I rank them (starting with the one I like the most): Moss, Rice, Moore, Crabtree. With Moss being my favorite by a good margin. If you think you can swing a trade with a different WR instead of Moss, that would make me like the deal for you all the more!

BTW, do you have any counter-offer ideas for my own thread? That was the main thing I was trying to get from people - I already had a strong notion that the trade "as is" wasn't a good one for me. Thanks
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions