Most points given up - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Most points given up

Moderator: Football Moderators

Most points given up

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:39 am

ESPN has a thing that shows how many points on average every week a team gives up against a position. Here it is:
http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/ffl/reques ... T&Param0=0
It says that it is smart to start a D against the Rams. Should I pick up Clevelands D and start them? The Rams offense has looked good of what I have seen. Anybody been watching the Rams? It also says that Atlanta and Houston give up a lot against WRs. Does that mean that Kevin Johnson and Mushin Mohammed are good starts this week? I am trying to get as much of an Edge as possible since this is the playoffs.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BradtheImpaler » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:19 am

zimm, take it from me, a man who is 1 year your senior in fantasy football......the more facts and figures you acqiure, the bigger the headache becomes.......although atlanta and houston do give up a lot of points, but the browns......????? isnt st louis near the top in points scored in the nfc? i dont think the browns would be a good choice, im sure the rams turn the ball over a fair share, but if they hang 35 on the browns, then a few picks aint gonna do you much good. maybe cause its in cleveland the rams could falter, but i wouldnt bank on it.
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:50 am

I don't think people realize how good the Brownie's D is. It is the number one D against QBs this year. I still agree with you though, against the Rams it doesn't make sense. What about Mushin and Kevin though? I don't have many options. Javon Walker, Andre Johnson, and Thomas Jones are really my only other options.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mikey » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:18 pm

I've never really studied this stat, but that trend (finding success starting a D against the Rams) might be attributable to the fact that Bulger has been a turnover machine in recent weeks -- he's thrown more INTs than TDs the last several Sundays (and has thrown in at least 1 fumble that I can think of for good measure).

For what it's worth, I think with Marshall finally healthy and hitting a groove (3 rushing TDs just last week), that the Rams are going to rely less on Bulger and his wayward throws. In other words, this is a long way of saying starting a D playing against the Rams is going to become more of a losing proposition.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:23 pm

So what about the WRs?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Football Talk