Who to Cut for Bye Week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who to Cut for Bye Week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who to Cut for Bye Week?

Postby Philly_05 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:16 am

I got to cut at least 1 player maybe 2 for this week. We play in a 12 team dynasty league and I got to find another defensive player and possibly a better flex option. I got some future value some youth and some under performing players to pick from. These are my starters then I will list my bench players. At this point i'm leaning on cutting ties with McCluster for sure. He has been a total bust since Charles went down. I'm thinking of gambling on Jacoby Ford as a possible flex option down the road. Then who should I drop for a defensive player?

Starters
QB- Drew Brees
WR- Vincent Jackson
WR- DeSean Jackson
RB- LeSean McCoy
RB- Brandon Jacobs
TE- Brandon Pettigrew
Flex- Dez Bryant - bye week
Flex - Dexter McCluster - cut him???
K - Mason Crosby
D- Giants
D- LB- Sean Lee - bye week
D- LB- Brian Urlacher
D- LB- Sean Weatherspoon

Bench
WR- Plaxico Burress - Not really getting the looks with Sanchez should be better next year if he finds a better team?

RB- Knowshon Moreno - Total bust... I really had high hopes for this guy going into the season. We even all agreed not to trade Big Ben and Moreno for S Jax and Julio Jones. Well that seems like a big miss now. Is it the injury or does he really not have "it".

RB- Marshawn Lynch- Another bust this season. Not expecting any great turn around. But some average games going forward for a bench HB worth a roster with how little the WW has.

QB- Big Ben - Not a drop option

RB- Jacquizz Rodgers - Rookie season kind of going slow not much value now but hopefully in the future he can be a nice option for my team.

WR- Steve Smith - Hasn't really worked his way into the Eagles plans. But I really expect him to be a quality WR again with the Eagles or on a new team next season.

WR- Titus Young - Really like what this kid is doing already. Should have a lot of value playing opposite of Calvin Johnson going forward.

WR- Danny Amendola - Probably my best bench flex option but he's hurt. No one really knows when or how well he will perform when he does return this season.

D- Cowboys I might hold onto them just so I can cut the Giants next week after the Cowboys bye then not have to worry about defense the rest of the year?

To me it looks like I should or want to cut Lynch, Moreno or McCluster. But it would just be pure madness going forward with only 3 HB's who actually see time? The best WW HB's in terms of points are James Casey, Joe Mcnight and Marion Barber who I cut before the season and no one claimed. Dion Lewis is also available but do I really want to clutter my bench with another player with no value at this point?
QB- Roethlisberger, Rivers, Foles
RB- McCoy, Lynch, L James, Ivory, F Jackson, D Thomas, Turbin
WR- Julio, Bowe, D Bryant, D Jax, Amendola, Broyles, Gordon, Hill
TE- Celek, D Allen
DEF- Giants
K- Zuerlin
D- D Washington, S Weatherspoon, L Kuechly
Philly_05
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who to Cut for Bye Week?

Postby Itchy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:29 am

I think Amendola is out for the season.
Itchy Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who to Cut for Bye Week? WHIR

Postby Philly_05 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:41 am

Thanks Itchy just read that so that would clear a roster spots because I could place him on the IR. Who would be the other cut or no one?
QB- Roethlisberger, Rivers, Foles
RB- McCoy, Lynch, L James, Ivory, F Jackson, D Thomas, Turbin
WR- Julio, Bowe, D Bryant, D Jax, Amendola, Broyles, Gordon, Hill
TE- Celek, D Allen
DEF- Giants
K- Zuerlin
D- D Washington, S Weatherspoon, L Kuechly
Philly_05
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pitfan2782 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:57 am

If you HAD to cut another one, I would go with Steve Smith. He's the 4th receiver, and even if they go 4-wide, he would be the 5th option behind Jackson, McCoy, Maclin, and Avant.
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Carnivore » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:24 am

I agree with the guy above, I think if you HAD to pick someone else, Steve Smith is the weak man on the totem pole.
Carnivore
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bricox171 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Since putting Amendola in the IR spot clears up one bench spot... if you had to drop another, I thiink you have to ditch Plax. He's old, and i dont think he will return to form, even if hes on a different team next year.
bricox171
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby McDuff » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:22 pm

You are not short of guys worth dropping.

Obv with amendola gone he is #1 to drop
then Jaquizz. i like him but he is doing nothing and Atlanta looks like they wont turn it around for at least a few weeks
Steve Smith's Eagles are a shambles he's done nothing
Titus Young. I bet he is availbale in at least 85% of leagues everywhere

Knowshon/marshawn and Plaxico are all just above the 'easily droppable' mark and you sort of have to commit to holding them at this point
McDuff
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BPumperSwag » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:34 pm

I'd probably cut Plaxico with Amendola on the IR. He has shown very little this year with the jets passing a lot and his long term value is quite limited considering his age. Steve smith would be my next cut if I had to choose another because he is going to give you very little this year and if he stays in Phily could be a 3rd/4th option for awhile. Definitely hold on to titus young and jaquizz rogers going forward with the lions new offense and turner getting up there in age.
BPumperSwag
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions