BN: Matt Ryan
BN: Darrius Heyward-Bey
BN: Pierre Garcon
BN: Ben Tate
BN: Ronnie Brown
BN: Michael Bush
BN: Danny Woodhead
BN: Dustin Keller

In our league, you give up the round that you drafted your keeper in. In my case, that would be rounds 1, 3, and 5 last season. We decided to reduce it down to two because my league does not want me keeping Andre, Foster, and McCoy every year. Here is the trade I'm being proposed:

Give: Arian Foster (5)
Receive: Adrian Peterson (1), Mike Williams (3), Antonio Gates (5)

Pro trade:
I would start AP right away, and Williams would be my WR2 until Austin and Johnson come back, then he would be in the running for my flex along with Maclin. Gates should be back week 7, with Hernandez back next week, with a possible return this week. I could just play match ups with those two, since Hernandez was seeing 'Gates' numbers when he was playing.

Anti-Trade:
Foster should put up consistently higher numbers than AP this season due to the lack of offense with the Vikings. I also get to keep Foster as a 5th round pick, while AP would be my 1st round. Also, Williams and Gates wouldn't even be guaranteed starters on my roster, due to the fact that Hernandez and Maclin should see similar numbers. This basically becomes Foster for AP and two backups.

Thoughts?
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Do this trade?

Postby Philly_05 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:47 am

I don't really like it for your keepers. I have a question though. What happens when all 3 of your players turn into 1st rounders? You would have AP and Johnson as 1's. Do you have to pick 1 and cut the other or do you just give up the next available pick?

If you can only keep 1 1st rounder I would keep the McCoy and Foster at 3 and 5 and ride it out. Oh and what type of league changes the rule so you can't keep all 3. Pretty childish if you ask me.

help on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=502303
QB- Roethlisberger, Rivers, Foles
RB- McCoy, Lynch, L James, Ivory, F Jackson, D Thomas, Turbin
WR- Julio, Bowe, D Bryant, D Jax, Amendola, Broyles, Gordon, Hill
TE- Celek, D Allen
DEF- Giants
K- Zuerlin
D- D Washington, S Weatherspoon, L Kuechly
Philly_05
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pitfan2782 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:54 am

Philly_05 wrote:I don't really like it for your keepers. I have a question though. What happens when all 3 of your players turn into 1st rounders? You would have AP and Johnson as 1's. Do you have to pick 1 and cut the other or do you just give up the next available pick?

If you can only keep 1 1st rounder I would keep the McCoy and Foster at 3 and 5 and ride it out. Oh and what type of league changes the rule so you can't keep all 3. Pretty childish if you ask me.

help on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=502303

We don't have any escalator rules in our league, so if he was drafted as a 10th rounder, he stays a 10th rounder. Also, let's say I end up with 2 first round picks on my team, I would get to keep both and just lose my 2nd round pick. As far as changing the rules, I'm actually for it. It leaves more talent on the board for our drafts. This allows me to draft either the two best receivers on the board, or the top receiver and top quarterback. With a backfield of Foster and McCoy, I really can't go wrong.
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Philly_05 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:57 am

Yeah McCoy and Foster at 3rd and 5th for the life of the league. You can't go and break that up and waste a 1st round pick doing it. I would easily pass.
QB- Roethlisberger, Rivers, Foles
RB- McCoy, Lynch, L James, Ivory, F Jackson, D Thomas, Turbin
WR- Julio, Bowe, D Bryant, D Jax, Amendola, Broyles, Gordon, Hill
TE- Celek, D Allen
DEF- Giants
K- Zuerlin
D- D Washington, S Weatherspoon, L Kuechly
Philly_05
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball