A. Hernandez for A. Gates/McCluster? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

A. Hernandez for A. Gates/McCluster? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

A. Hernandez for A. Gates/McCluster? WHIR

Postby Hags888 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:15 am

Taken out of context, is this a fair trade? I'm inclined to think that it is. Hernandez is banged up, but showed in the first 2 weeks he has the potential to be a beast. Maybe Hernandez plays this week, maybe not, but eventually he'll be back on the field. I see him as a feast/famine kind of play with lots of high risk/high reward. Totally acceptable from the TE position. On the other hand, Gates is also a beast when healthy, and who knows if he even sees the field until after SD bye. And even then, will he ever be 100%? McCluster is the kind of guy that will always give you some points, but has the playmaking speed and potential to light it up. He's another high risk/high reward kind of play.

For more info:
Team A has:
QB: Ryan, Grossman
RB: Mendenhall, B. Wells, F. Jones, B. Jacobs, R. Bush
WR: A. Johnson, B. Marshall, R. Wayne, Jacoby Jones
TE: Owen Daniels, Aaron Hernandez, Randy McMichael
D/ST: Texans
K: Lindell

Team B has:
QB: Romo, Campbell
RB: Gore, Addai, Ingrahm, Helu, McCluster, Kendall Hunter
WR: Roddy White, Santana Moss, Eric Decker
TE: Dustin Keller, A. Gates,
D/ST: Bengals
K: Nugent

Analysis: Team B needs help at TE with Gates hurting, and Keller see-sawing. He needs help in other areas too, but he's looking to get trade value for Gates, and Hernandez has tons of upside. So, he's willing to throw in McCluster to help even the deal. Team A needs help this week at RB with Jones and Bush on a bye, and Mendy and Jacobs banged up. With Owen Daniels seeing added value now that A. Johnson is out, he's set at TE, and willing to wait for Gates to heal. This is a win/win for both teams.
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: A. Hernandez for A. Gates/McCluster? WHIR

Postby Carnivore » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:24 am

I don't really see too much wrong with the trade, but if you're going off bye weeks, I would just roll with 3 WRs this week to make up for the RBs, and then have a solid team the next week.
Carnivore
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: A. Hernandez for A. Gates/McCluster? WHIR

Postby Hags888 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Carnivore wrote:I don't really see too much wrong with the trade, but if you're going off bye weeks, I would just roll with 3 WRs this week to make up for the RBs, and then have a solid team the next week.

Wish I could, but with A. Johnson out and Brandon Marshall on a bye, that leaves me with Reggie Wayne and Jacoby Jones. So, I couldn't even start 3WR if I wanted to. There are a few free agents left, but I'm inclined to take a chance on McCluster, hoping that his long term value is goes up. And to get Gates out of the deal, hoping that eventually he heals and plays, is phenomal value for Aaron Hernandez. I get a 1 week stop gap in McCluster and can happily put them both on the bench down the line for potential. I made the trade btw.
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions