Lineup help due to Shonne Greene's sorry ass - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Lineup help due to Shonne Greene's sorry ass

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lineup help due to Shonne Greene's sorry ass

Postby Deeman8351 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:32 pm

I got Andre Johnson, Witten, Dez out in my 14 team PPR league. Right now I'm starting Nelson and Floyd but I'm having trouble figuring out what do with the rest of my lineup. Shonne Greene has been absolutely pathetic and now all this ground and pound bullshit with Mangold back has me contemplating starting him. Pretty much I can start him in the flex which will either get me 0, 4.2, or by some miracle 10+ points or start A. Brown playing against a tough TENN defense with a beatup O-line and Roethlisburger which can yield the same results. I can easily see Greene going the first 3 series getting his average 2 yards up the middle and then they take him out and try out McKnight, but A. Brown could easily put up a goose egg. My team is 3-1 and playing another 3-1 so its a big matchup. Any input will be useful.

QB Stafford
WR D. Nelson, M. Floyd
RB D. McFadden, S. Ridley
TE J. Cook
FLEX ?
K N.Novak
DEF Jets D
Deeman8351
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lineup help due to Shonne Greene's sorry ass

Postby BigBlue42 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:48 pm

I would usually go with a RB in the flex if it is close, but Greene has driven me crazy for the last 2 years. I would go with Brown as he has been targeted a lot and I don't see the Steelers being able to run much.
BigBlue42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby letterafteri » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Out of these 2 choices I go with Brown also. Greene just absolutely sucks and that game has all the makings of a lot and then a lot more passing.
The steelers will be running some to try and take the heat off toothlessburger but when that doesn't work they'll be airing it out. Brown will have the better opportunity in my opinion.

Good luck.
This whole thing works better if you actually participate! HELP ME TO HELP YOU...
letterafteri
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby c0megets0me » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:43 pm

I know im going to sound like an ass here, but I think Greene has a really good game this week and gives all the greene owner some false hope. Pats DEF is really weak and Mayo is the QB of the DEF and he is out this week. Mangold is back and Rex is tired of losing and going back to the ground game and Greene has to hear all the critics. I think Greene has to know this might be he last chance to prove he can do it and I think he will. I cant believe Im saying this but im actually thinking about sitting CJ2K and playin Greene. I just have a feeling but I would play Greene over Brown for sure.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby Deeman8351 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:34 am

Yea I feel like if there is one game where Greene might be effective then this would be the week. The only reason I'm still leaning towards Greene somewhat is because Rex is going to do whatever he can to keep Brady off the field and after Sanzhez threw a pick 6 and 3 fumbles last week I would think they finally try to stick with the ground game. Bellicheck and Brady at home should tear up the JETs D but it might not be as much of a blowout as everyone thinks. Jets D played solid in Baltimore last week against a pretty good offense.
Deeman8351
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Who to Start/Bench