Pick up Wayne or other WR? WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Pick up Wayne or other WR? WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick up Wayne or other WR? WHIR!

Postby Lenny6 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Reggie Wayne was dropped in my 8-team league and I don't really need him, but it seems that he still deserves a roster spot. Or do you see a better pick-up in these free agents?

Reggie Wayne
Eric Decker
Jordy Nelson
Sidney Rice
Shonn Greene

My RB/REC are:
RB: Chris Johnson, Hillis, Bradshaw, Addai, Tate (start 2)
REC: Roddy White, Nicks, Bryant, Steve Johnson, Dallas Clark (start 3)

I could drop Ben Tate now that Foster is back and take a flier on Wayne. I could even pick up two of these free agents by dropping Dallas Clark. Or stand pat if none of that bunch is going to make a difference long term. The $10 price tag per free agent pick up has been restraining me for now from going crazy with moves, but if I can improve my team it will give me more flexibility in trying to trade if/when I have to upgrade my QB's of Matt Schaub and Eli Manning (see:http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=502384)! :-)

Thanks! Post a link and I will return the help!
Lenny6
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick up Wayne or other WR? WHIR!

Postby jjgarciadallas » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:23 pm

If you are in an 8-team league then definitely drop Tate. There's no reason to have a backup in an 8-team league. I would go with Decker now. Him and Brandon Lloyd both were targeted a lot last week, so you dont have to worry about Lloyd being healthy. Wayne is going to struggle without Peyton, so if he has a big week, I dont think it will be consistent.
jjgarciadallas
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions