Rate this Trade Please!! Forte Finley Etc - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Rate this Trade Please!! Forte Finley Etc

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate this Trade Please!! Forte Finley Etc

Postby jetzman51 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:03 pm

The trade was Matt Forte, Jermichael Finley and Santana Moss for Jones-Drew and Hakeem Nicks (I recieved Jones Drew and Nicks)
due to injuries I lost charles I have andre johnson, also had steven jackson injured for a few weeks.

Due to Bye weeks this week and injuries just to have a full roster I would have had to drop Vernon Davis to pick up some scrub wr to start this week since santana moss has a bye week and Andre Johnson is injured. Aaron Hernandez is also a free agent so I picked him up after the trade. I personally like Jones-Drew alot he just needs the TDs to come along and Forte behind a suspect line had me skeptical. I didn't want to trade Finley but due to having V.Davis and Hernandez I had to undersell Finley. tell me what you think

My Team (prior to the trade)

Qb- Joe Flacco
Rb Matt Forte --- Steven Jackson -- Felix Jones
Wr Andre Johnson - Jeremy Maclin
Te Jermichael Finley
Def Titans/D
K Jason Hanson
Bench Qb Kyle Orton Rb Thomas Jones, Isaac Redman, Wr Santana Moss, Te Vernon Davis
jetzman51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate this Trade Please!! Forte Finley Etc

Postby c0megets0me » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:23 pm

I think you got the short end of the stick. You gave up one of the best rbs in fantasy football for an under achieving ,injury prone Rb w/ a rookie Qb under center. Plus you traded Finley and Moss for Nicks which is overpaying. I think you hurt your team with this trade.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby jetzman51 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:35 pm

I understand in most cases but the Value in these instances are different. I have Finley starting but have Vernon Davis on my bench and can pick up Aaron Hernandez. And with the circumstances this week I would have to drop Davis just to start a Wr within the likes of devery henderson off free agency Also who is the injury prone Rb lol Jones Drew has missed 2 games in his career I believe. Yea he was injured last year but he still played and put up 1400 yards and hes healthy this year and quietly the NFL's 2nd leading rusher.

I mistakenly phrased the my topic like I did the trade already but its pending so I was looking for feedback.
jetzman51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:45 pm

you did fine in the trade. nicks fills a big need for you, especially with your backup tight ends. you took a slight hit at RB, but MJD is a solid RB1.
VY fan for life
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby utility-hook » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks for the help on mine. Yes you gave up a lot but I think you came out alright. It was a trade you had to make. As a Forte owner, I too am worried about him going forward. Like you mentioned, the Bears offensive line sucks and I dont think anyone is worried about Cutler & the Bears passing game so the defenses will be keying on the only offensive weapon the Bears have and thats Forte. As long as MJD keeps getting somewhere around 20 carries a game he will still get plenty of yards and hopefully the TDs will come. I would definitely rather have Nicks instead of Moss so you came out ahead there. Even though you lost Finley, VD is starting to produce again and in a week or 2 Hernandez will pick up right where he left off before his injury.
utility-hook
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 51)

Postby JP555 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:54 pm

I actually kind of like this trade. He might have gotten a little more value but I think it was good for your team, ok RB1 and two stud receivers when AJ is back, and I think Aaron Hernandez is severely undervalued.

any advice? viewtopic.php?t=502430
JP555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby c0megets0me » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:07 am

Also who is the injury prone Rb lol Jones Drew has missed 2 games in his career I believe. Yea he was injured last year but he still played and put up 1400 yards and hes healthy this year and quietly the NFL's 2nd leading rusher.
Last year he had knee problems all year and didnt play in the preseason because of the knee he had surgery on, I guess I should have said injury concerns. But either way Forte is smokin MJD in fantasy land. In my league Forte has outscored MJD 100 to 60. Hicks is great but Moss has put up solid numbers as well. I would have rather seen you keep finley. That would have made the trade even in my eyes. You would have given a little @rb and Takin a little @wr, so I just dont understand why Finley was needed. It just looks like you almost gave him away.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby jaguiar88 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:43 am

Its not the worst deal, but you could have done better. Your WR should be solid.

Please Help Me !
viewtopic.php?t=502497
jaguiar88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions