Trying to trade for Andre Johnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trying to trade for Andre Johnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trying to trade for Andre Johnson?

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:03 am

12 team ppr league

I'm considering putting in an offer on Johnson. With his injury, I feel like now could be a good time to put in an offer and take a mitigated risk that he will be back 100% in a few weeks but I'm having trouble gauging his value. His owner lacks depth, so I think he may be open to making a move. That said, I'm not sure I'm offering too much, not enough, or if I have the range roughly correct.

I was considering Percy Harvin and Jahvid Best for AJ. In a PPR league, Best is a decent option and his team can use some help at both WR/RB. Long term I think it would make my team better, but in the short term I might not have enough depth...but that's another issue. I'm 3-1 so far, and here is my team:

QB: Drew Brees, Kevin Kolb
WR: Dez Bryant, Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin, Denarius Moore
RB: Rashard Mendenhall, Jahvid Best, Cedric Benson, Isaac Moore (handcuff Mendy), Mark Ingram
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K: S Janikowski,
D: SD

Thoughts?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trying to trade for Andre Johnson?

Postby I Love Caleb Hanie » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:05 am

I tried that with the AJ owner in my non PPR league; well, Brees/Gates/Holmes for Stafford/Daniels/AJ. Thought he'd bite at it considering he has Rice on a bye week, Jacobs questionable, Shonn Green doing nothing and only half decent wideout being Julio Jones.
I Love Caleb Hanie
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:12 am

I think thats a good offer. I think you have the depth to do it too. I mean you can start Benson at RB and then if he gets suspended you can play Ingram. I know, not the best but not the worst either. And hopefully by that time you would have Andre to help with the slack. I think you have to at least try this. Cause right now you are starting either Percy or Wayne at WR2 and thats not good enough IMO.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jetzman51 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:24 am

Yea if you can get that trade do it. I dont like Harvin, i like best a little more in a PPR but both are also injury concerns each week.
I have faith in Mendenhall and you have redman also just in case. Hopefully benson avoids the suspension thought, but ingram has potential upside. Im dont even think the other dudes gonna accept
jetzman51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:29 am

jetzman51 wrote:Im dont even think the other dudes gonna accept

Thanks for the response...this was part of my concern with my initial post, as I'm having a hard time gauging his value...perhaps I need to offer more, but at least it seems like this is a fair offer to lead with.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby jaguiar88 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:30 am

I would do that deal. I would expect the AJ owner would ask for more.

Please Help Me !
viewtopic.php?t=502497
jaguiar88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 45)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:10 am

Yeah the AJ owner is going to act like all AJ owners and value him as better than the entire league combined. He will pretend he didnt just TEAR his hamstring. He wont accept and if I was you dont sweat it. Let him wait another 3-4 weeks to start him.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions