New to IDP, drop D'Qwell+Lardarius due to bye? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

New to IDP, drop D'Qwell+Lardarius due to bye?

New to IDP, drop D'Qwell+Lardarius due to bye?

Postby bigd480 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:42 pm

I've never played in a league with IDPs until this year and ended up with three of the top players at their positions. I have D'Qwell Jackson and Lardarius Webb on bye weeks, and without them in my lineup, my team's average points (not projected) matches my opponent's. I don't know if it would be strategically wise for me to drop these guys for replacements or not (only 4 bench slots total, filled with RRice/VDavis/Meachem/Fitzpatrick). 12-team ESPN league, I'm undefeated, opponent is 1-3 but has Jennings/Megatron/Bradshaw/Beanie. I get points for return yards so I don't want someone else to grab Webb.

My IDPs:
SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS OPP PRK PTS AVG
LB Pat Angerer, Ind LB KC 3 46 11.5
DL Jared Allen, Min DE Ari 1 40.5 10.1
DB Patrick Peterson, Ari CB @Min 5 36.5 9.1
DP D'Qwell Jackson, Cle LB ** BYE ** 1 48 12
DP Lardarius Webb, Bal CB ** BYE ** 1 48.5 12.1

Top 10 Available IDPs in my league:
Bryan Scott, Buf S
Michael Boley, NYG LB  P
A.J. Jefferson, Ari CB  P
Kenny Phillips, NYG S
Daryl Smith, Jac LB
Kyle Arrington, NE CB
David Harris, NYJ LB  P
Devin McCourty, NE CB
Wesley Woodyard, Den LB
Jairus Byrd, Buf S
bigd480
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New to IDP, drop D'Qwell+Lardarius due to bye?

Postby McDuff » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:22 am

Do you need to play DL, LB, CB spots or is that coincidence that you have a mix?
Return yards are big plus'(s?) for D players. Otherwise Peterson and Webb lose a lot especially Peterson. I am not sure but Webb may have lost or is losing his punt duties. I hope not but that would make him a possible sucker drop. A player you drop who looks great and ends up costing a waiver spot and a good player dropped to pick up a guy who has lost his edge. Webb has been making plays tho and a good num of tackles.
Looking at the wire you have some okay guys but none as good as your roster players. Jackson is one of the best ever when healthy. never drop him. Until he gets hurt.
Harris and Woodyard on wire are pretty good.
I would not want to have to switch to them though. Generally I shy away from Sack guys as they are so streaky and I like solid consistent production, but Jared Allen on Min has a chance to be on the field ALOT and he has been on fire. I would have tried to trade him. Not gonna happen in 1 hour tho!
In short I would only think about Allen for a drop and you need him this week so stop worrying about your matchup and keep your eye on the playoff goal
I had Webb, Laurintas AND Sean Lee on bye this week. Oops. Not dropping them.
McDuff
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: New to IDP, drop D'Qwell+Lardarius due to bye?

Postby bigd480 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks for the input. I have to start one each DL, DB, LB, and 2 DP (any defensive player). I agreed with your sentiment and ended up dropping my punter and picking up Daryl Smith of the Jags so I'd get some points (9 - not bad). I think I will stick with that strategy since punters rarely score over 4pts anyway. Peterson didn't do much today, was expecting more - may drop him for Ngata or someone else that was on Bye this week.
bigd480
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to IDP