commissioner abuse? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

commissioner abuse?

Moderator: Football Moderators

commissioner abuse?

Postby mzkp54 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Hey all,

So I'm in a league and I'm playing the commissioner this week. at 1:07 yesterday, he dropped Brandon Jacobs and picked up the Pats D, who he started against me. The Pats didn't play until the late games, but the Giants game had already started. Next to the transaction it says (c5), which I'm assuming means he had to use his commissioner abilities to do that. I'm pretty frustrated, because he had the Ravens D, so he shouldn't have gotten any points on D, and now he might win narrowly. Is it appropriate to demand that he changes the transaction back and takes away the points he got?

Thanks
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: commissioner abuse?

Postby bigmck » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:23 pm

It sounds like you have the facts to make your case. == I would send him a private message and state your case. If he does not answer to your satisfaction, send a note to the entire league and state what happened. Post back with the conclusion to this. I am curious. Good luck
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:21 pm

(c5) does indicate that the commissioner made a change

From the facts you've given he definitely did abuse his privileges, I would message him about it.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby chargersdiehard » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:12 pm

From your statement of facts I would say that he abused his power as commissioner. Most leagues are set up to have all transactions stop at the start of the players games so to drop a player after a game started and aquire another player would be abuse. However, I would PM him before you make it a league wide issue.
chargersdiehard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ABA316 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Definitely not cool. We all make mistakes and miss deadlines I'm sure, but too bad so sad. Take it up with the commish privately first is the best way. I don't see how you can't say this was not right but perhaps the commish will realize and reverse.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mzkp54 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:01 pm

well we emailed him and it didn't go well. He was very accusatory that we were only making a fuss about it because the matchup was close and that it wasn't a big deal. Then he said if we wanted to make a big deal about it we could email the league, which we did, but then we beat him and he's now 0-5, so we kinda look like dicks for asking to take away points from the 0-5 team, and no one is backing us up.

So pretty much, the conclusion is that I will 100% not do this league next year.

Thanks for the help everyone
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby bigmck » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:18 am

mzkp54 wrote:well we emailed him and it didn't go well. He was very accusatory that we were only making a fuss about it because the matchup was close and that it wasn't a big deal. Then he said if we wanted to make a big deal about it we could email the league, which we did, but then we beat him and he's now 0-5, so we kinda look like dicks for asking to take away points from the 0-5 team, and no one is backing us up.

So pretty much, the conclusion is that I will 100% not do this league next year.

Thanks for the help everyone

If no one is backing you up because the Commish cheated, something is wrong with the Owners. If the Commish were 5-0, it would be OK to accuse him of cheating but because he is 0-5 it is not OK? I think you need to start your own league next year and forget about these guys.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby beercitybrawlers » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:54 am

yeah find a new league.

can provide your thoughts: viewtopic.php?t=505319
Q
beercitybrawlers
Water Boy