Wanting to Propose trade... is this fair? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Wanting to Propose trade... is this fair? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wanting to Propose trade... is this fair? WHIR

Postby DCFan17 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Format QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/RB-WR/TE/K/DEF

QB = 1 PT for every 25 YDs ... 6 PTs for every TD.
RB = 1 PT for every 10 YDs ... 6 PTs for every TD.
WR = 1 PT for every 10 YDs ... 6 PTs for every TD.

My team:

Mark Sanchez
Ben Roethlisberger
Ryan Fitzpatrick
---
Michael Turner
Shonn Greene
Tim Hightower
Daniel Thomas
---
Kevin Walter
Steve Johnson
Nate Washington
Miles Austin
Andre Johnson
---
Tony Gonzalez
Jermichael Finley
---
Bears D/ST
Bengals D/ST

I'm sure you can see I need help thanks to injuries and BYE weeks.

I want to trade for Drew Brees, Matt Forte and Greg Jennings.
If I offer Jermichael Finely, Stevie Johnson, Shonn Greene, Michael Turner and Ryan Fitzpatrick, is that fair? Or am I giving up too much?

Here are his complete list of players: Drew Brees, Arian Foster, Matt Forte, Beanie Wells, Greg Jennings, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Pettigrew, Jeremy Maclin, Jay Cutler, Robert Meachem, Marques Colston, Eric Decker, Isaac Redman, Jonathan Stewart, Brandon Jacobs

What upgrades/trades would you recommend? My QBs are driving me nuts. Completely inconsistent. Please help.

Leave your link!
DCFan17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Wanting to Propose trade... is this fair? WHIR

Postby schmidty » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:18 am

How many teams in this league? It's hard to tell your strengths and weaknesses without knowing that.

You offer enough quality in the trade that it doesn't seem crazy or anything - and it's certainly good for you. Though 5-for-3 deals are tough to swing. He'd have to drop a couple of guys - I guess Meachem or Redman could be seen as droppable depending on circumstances. And looking at his lineup, I don't see why he'd take your deal. You're right in thinking Finley is a tradable asset. But Pettigrew's doing really well ... why would he gut his team to upgrade at TE? Look at who's hurting at TE, and figure out what you can do from there.

Doesn't hurt to offer this trade though. But like I said, I doubt he accepts. Roethlisberger had a great game, so maybe the tide has turned for his season.

Help in return? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=502967
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joheshy55 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:27 am

uh, i would definatly decline... if your losing look at WW pick ups first before making or proposing a ridiculous trade like that. why would that guy trade a perfectly solid team away for 5 mediocore guys? look for people with a few good players and need some help and maybe offer 2 mediocore wr rb or mix for 1 solid guy that needs depth. and you probably dont need 3 QBs sanchez is garbage, fitzpatrick is ok....Roethinsburger just had a monster. if anything try and sell roethensburger high after a 4 td game that no one expected.
joheshy55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DCFan17 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:05 pm

That's why I asked for assistance... no need to be condescending, or a prick.
DCFan17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby c0megets0me » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:24 pm

That trade would be GREAT for your team. The only problem I see, is that your asking for 3 studs from QB/RB/WR but the only stud your trading is Finley who has only had 1 great week. Most owners see right through the quanity over quality trade offers and will not take any offers you send serous after that. If your really serous about getting those players I think your going to have to send a better offer. the way I see it ..... Brees over Fitz ......Forte over Turner/Greene.....Jennings over Stevie then throwing in Finley to make up the difference. I just do think Finley makes up for the downgrade at QB,RB,WR for the owner to accept the offer.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions