Never trust a man named Jahvid. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Never trust a man named Jahvid.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Never trust a man named Jahvid.

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:37 am

Because I mean... seriously.

What was that?

Really?

163 yards and a TD on 12 rushes?

SELL. SELL. SELL.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Never trust a man named Jahvid.

Postby 2ksports » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:07 pm

You said a lot with not many words.

100% agree.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Sounds like a bitter Bears fan to me. :-D

I mean, one with a valid point, but still a fan of the enemy. :-b

conversely, if Jahvid learns from this game and continues to hit the holes hard, the Best may be yet to come.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:22 pm

I'm wondering what tier WR I could get for him in a non-PPR league. I've been looking to move him or Wells to get a WR to start between White and Smithcar.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:47 pm

conversely, if Jahvid learns from this game and continues to hit the holes hard, the Best may be yet to come.

I like to say things like that with a low David Caruso voice and intentionally corny timing.

Agree to sell. Just ask Best owners from last year.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:56 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:

I like to say things like that with a low David Caruso voice and intentionally corny timing.

LOL only if you are wearing sunglasses, and can tilt or remove them dramatically.

Yes, I am bitter, BUT I am realistic.
I did NOT think the Bears could win. I simply thought I'd see 2 Megatouchdowns and a Pettitouchdown.

I really thought Best would end up 50 yards at most.

The Bears D has NO EXCUSE. The absurd quantity of penalties had the Bear Offense on the field for the majority of the game clock... I think the Bear D was on the field for 21 minutes.

This is a bad thing.

The defense is getting old, and hasn't been adding significant talent.
The o line is pathetic, and even if Carimi helps, the wide receivers are garbage.
If you get to watch any more Bears games, focus on 87 (Kellen Davis) and 74 (Chris Williams) to see what it looks like when a player is content to get a paycheck. Watch the "blocking." It's astoundingly sad. Cutler HAS to run for his life. And we have the offensive coordinator most likely to cause a QB's career to end via concussion. No line, no receivers, complex offense that takes time to develop, etc...

The Bears last few "good" seasons have been a fraud. They probably need 4 or 5 years of GOOD drafting to correct the problem. By then the "stars" on the defense will all be retired. Will Cutler still be playing? And the concept of consecutive years of intelligent drafting... um... look at who the Bears draft. Scandalous.

I'm not complaining to Lions fans. You guys have had to sit through the HOTTEST of hot garbage. You have earned a team that can actually play.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby schmidty » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Best is a great sell high. But I think going overboard and moving him just for the sake of getting rid of him would be a mistake. If you get a good price, go for it. Otherwise hold. I think he is what he's shown us this season. Limited touches make his weekly scoring extremely variable. But when he's on, he'll carry your team. And as much as fantasy managers like to complain when their guys don't get enough touches ... I think the Lions are being smart. Having Best at 100% with 15-20 touches is better than risking injury with 20+ touches (and Best has been very vulnerable to a variety of injuries in his brief career).

scottaa1 wrote:I'm wondering what tier WR I could get for him in a non-PPR league. I've been looking to move him or Wells to get a WR to start between White and Smithcar.

I just got Hakeem Nicks for Best. If an owner has a need at RB, and is strong at WR, the window is open now to get something done. Realistically, higher tier WRs who maybe haven't exactly been performing up to their draft status are the ones I'd target (Nicks, White, Austin, VJax ... maybe even Andre Johnson if his owner is panicky and you give a little more value his way). If offers are only there for WRs like Dez, Maclin, Lloyd, MWilliams, Holmes ... I'd pass and hold on to Best.
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:43 am

FatFoot wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:

LOL only if you are wearing sunglasses, and can tilt or remove them dramatically.

Yes, I am bitter, BUT I am realistic.
I did NOT think the Bears could win. I simply thought I'd see 2 Megatouchdowns and a Pettitouchdown.

I really thought Best would end up 50 yards at most.

The Bears D has NO EXCUSE. The absurd quantity of penalties had the Bear Offense on the field for the majority of the game clock... I think the Bear D was on the field for 21 minutes.

This is a bad thing.

The defense is getting old, and hasn't been adding significant talent.
The o line is pathetic, and even if Carimi helps, the wide receivers are garbage.
If you get to watch any more Bears games, focus on 87 (Kellen Davis) and 74 (Chris Williams) to see what it looks like when a player is content to get a paycheck. Watch the "blocking." It's astoundingly sad. Cutler HAS to run for his life. And we have the offensive coordinator most likely to cause a QB's career to end via concussion. No line, no receivers, complex offense that takes time to develop, etc...

The Bears last few "good" seasons have been a fraud. They probably need 4 or 5 years of GOOD drafting to correct the problem. By then the "stars" on the defense will all be retired. Will Cutler still be playing? And the concept of consecutive years of intelligent drafting... um... look at who the Bears draft. Scandalous.

I'm not complaining to Lions fans. You guys have had to sit through the HOTTEST of hot garbage. You have earned a team that can actually play.

The hottest of hot garbage is correct. However, if you get the right people in place and draft correctly you can turn everything completely around in 3 years. But you have to nail every draft pick. Cant miss those 4th and 5th round guys.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Football Talk