RB2 and WR3 this week - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

RB2 and WR3 this week

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB2 and WR3 this week

Postby robotninja » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:32 pm

So I get Ray Rice back from bye and boom Beanie at RB2 goes on bye so who do I fill in there?

JStew @ Atl decent run defense, not getting a lot of touches, DWill definitely still the lead dog

Ryan Grant vs Stl Good matchup but a split backfield where he is probably on the short end of the stick.

Bernard Scott vs Indy Still waiting for Benson to get suspended, after my bad breaks last week i hope the fantasy gods can give me this one

WR3 I have Megatron and Finley locked in but VJax is off this week

Right now I have David Nelson filling in, but James Jones is available on the waiver and could have another big game against a bad Stl secondary, but it is definitely a feast or famine decision, Nelson is practically guaranteed more looks but Jones is in a better offense but with many mouths to feed. Plus I am already starting Finley.

I could also pick up Greg Litte Clev@Oak and play him but would probably have to drop Nelson to do so. He seems to have a good upside but plays for the browns...

Let me know what you think. Leave a link I will help in return.
Last edited by robotninja on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB2 and WR3 this week

Postby mayhem13 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:42 pm

I'd go Grant/Nelson

Or if Blount doesn't play, E.Graham would be good pickup if on waiver wire.
mayhem13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby smoothitron » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:49 pm

I also wonder if there isn't a better RB option on the wire, all other things equal I would start Grant strictly for usage.

Nelson should get increased looks with more injuries to the Bills WR corps, should be the pick here.
smoothitron Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby robotninja » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:06 pm

Not much to trust on WW, 12 team league with fairly deep benches. WW options are

Bush @ NYJ had him, played like garbage, grant/jstew better options in my opinion

Redman If he cant do it as a lead back he aint guna do it from the bench

Jon Dwyer Too risky behind Mendenhall

Delone Carter tough matchup vs Cincy

Roy Helu Who knows what Shanny will do

Javon Ringer, 2nd fiddle to CJ2k

It gets uglier from there...I am leaning towards Grant just because he has a higher ceiling in what may be a blow out with a lot of runs late.
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby zechs » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Go with Grant at RB2. But if Benson gets suspended in time for Week 6 game, then start Scott over Grant.
David Nelson is your safer pick at WR3 and just hope he figures out his new position since he won't be playing as a slot receiver for the time being.

Thanks for your help with mine.
14tm. PPR+IDP+return-yds. league
QB-Cam
RB-Shady,DMartin WR-JulioJ,Colston,VJax
TE-Finley K & IDP-[streaming]
BN-JStewart,MReece,Britt,Amendola,BMyers,Kaepernick,BryceB
zechs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prince_45243 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:09 pm

I know Bush has played like crap but really he is their main RB against one of the league's worst rushing defenders in the jets. Although the jets win this one running away, I think that Bush is the one guy on Miami with a chance of 60-70 yards and a score. However, I guess I can't really argue against Grant's chances vs. STL. They are a similarly abysmal team. It's just that Starks has vacuumed up so much of his breathing room. Starks will be top of their depth chart. That's not writing on the wall, someone's got a hammer and chisel out. I'm more of a risk taker and would probably go for Bush myself.
And I agree with your other observations. Mendenhall starts this week. I think Torain starts this week. Carter splits with Brown vs. a tough Cincy rush defense.

WR - I like Jones over Nelson. Jones has a beautiful matchup and has gotten past his first few shaky weeks as a rookie on a championship team. He looks like the real deal and is much hotter than Nelson's 3 catches in two weeks. Nelson also has a much harder matchup vs. the giants. With Jones out, I figure Nelson's stock is about to improve again. Also, not sure if you're paying close to Fitzpatrick but he's lit up KC, OAK and NE (all bottom 5 passing defenses in my book) but was TD less vs. Cincy (top 5) and struggled vs. Phi (25th by me 7th by NFL). NYG are in that range of passing defense imho and will definitely put some sack hurtage on him.

Good luck!
-Prince_45243
prince_45243
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby robotninja » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:24 pm

I am fairly well decided on Grant for RB2,if Daniel Thomas comes back in miami I think he will go right back into the feature back position. It just seems to me like the doplhins just dont know how to use Reggie Bush.

It looks like I am going to playing from behind this week so I am starting to lean towards Greg Little and hope that he got enough practice reps and packages installed that he is featured in the cleveland offense this week.

With Julio Jones out in Atl, does Harry Douglas become a viable option?

I just dont want to have too many eggs in one basket with Finley, Grant, Jones all needed to have big games against crappy Stl in order to be successful.

Thanks for the advice so far, keep em coming, hell talk me out of starting a Browns rookie reciever...
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby KK_Cowboy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Scott if Benson gets suspended. Otherwise I like Grant in because of the fact that game will be over early and he should get some garbage time work if nothing else.

For WR I did have David Nelson earlier in the year, but it seems to me that Buffalo is basically using Fitz, Fjax and Stevie Johnson on the offensive side of the ball. I know the RB ww prospects are ugly, what about the WR WW besides Little?
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Honeybadgers » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:10 pm

I don't like any of the 3 RB options you present. JStew would be an option if it was a PPR league, Benson should play this weekend so Scott should not be considered. Grant would be the best option but I would not expect too much from him. I would drop stewart and pick up Delone Carter, he'll also split some time but should get more carries than the 3 options you currently have and the goal line work.

I don't expect alot from D Nelson since he's fighting with two great TEs now for red zone and the 10-20yard pass. Even with D. Jones out Nelson is going to struggle with getting a lot of catches. As long as NE has 2 good TEs i think it's safe to drop Nelson.

If you want to play it safe I would go with Little if you need the homerun ball then I'd go with Jones

Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=503301
Honeybadgers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)

Postby MMhawk607 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Thanks for helping me on mine!

As for your picks, yea the RB's you presented aren't really much to choose from.

I'd definitely do what Honeybadgers suggested and get Delone Carter off the WW.

As for your WR's go Jones. He's the safest bet just because when GB played the Falcons, Rodgers hit many of the WR's. So he's your safest bet.

;-D
so pro.
MMhawk607 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench