Trying to upgrade team...WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trying to upgrade team...WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trying to upgrade team...WHIR

Postby tah161 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Well I missed my draft before the season started so I havent got hardly anybody I truely like/trust from a fantasy standpoint. I have picked up a lot of scrubs from the wire in hope they will "breakout"

I am thinking of trading Dustin Keller and Julio Jones for Jason Witten, OR Dustin Keller and Jason Campbell for J. Finley.

The guy with Witten, needs an upgrade at WR but dosent have any other options at TE either. So it would have to be a two for one type deal. I kind of feel like I am giving up a lot for Witten considering Jones has been my best wide out so far, by receptions
The guy with finley has Kolb and Tebow as his QB, my starter is Romo.

its a .5 PPR league, with 14 teams.

My team...

QB: Romo
RB1: Ray Rice
RB2: Shonn Greene
WR1: Santonio Holmes
WR2: Jordy Nelson
TE: Keller
Flex1: Julio Jones
Flex2: Dez Bryant
BN: Roy Helu
BN: Steven Ridley
BN: Kevin Walter
BN: Chad Ocho
BN: Crabtree
BN: Jason Campbell

Well, do you think these trades are smart? Or do you have any other suggestions? WHIR
tah161
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trying to upgrade team...WHIR

Postby Strained Oblique » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:26 pm

I personally don't like the move to get rid of Green and Keller to get Witten even in a PPR league.

I understand with your roster situation why you may do it, but I think I would go after some more besides Witten and perhaps throw in Ridley and get Witten and a WR back.

I like Nelson for the next fews weeks for Buffalo!
Strained Oblique
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby tah161 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:50 pm

It would Julio Jones and Keller to get Witten. I dont like it either, but I dont have much else to offer. All my bench guys are free agent pick ups, so they have almost no value to others in the league (as they would have just picked them up). I also dont like having 3 Jets on my team!

Somebody already has Nelson in my league

I put in the offer,

Keller, Walter, and Campbell for Witten, Bradford, and Moreno. Shitty thing is this guys only checks his team once a week, on sunday before games.
tah161
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby POJO_Risin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:04 pm

I definitely don't like the Julio/Witten deal...but am good with what you offered...although I'm not sure it will go through...

He does need a QB...and Campbell has been playing well, but Witten is a big get (but would go nicely with your Romo). You do have an interesting team though...with players that could be great...but aren't there yet. I'd likely consider a guy like Jordy Nelson before Julio Jones...since Nelson can take a back seat for weeks at a time, while guys like James Jones takes off, like he did last week...

Stick that out, but don't be afraid to put a guy like Nelson in there...instead of Walter...should he balk...

Help if you can...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=503102&p=3374433#p3374433
"All my friends now...they look up to me...the wish they could be...a lot more like me..." DLR
POJO_Risin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 23)

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:09 pm

TE has way too much depth to give away a talent like Julio Jones. He's getting lots of beatable coverages with Roddy on the other side. I doubt the Witten owner would even consider this as Julio is likely out this week with a hammy. I dont see the value in the Finley deal to make it work, if I were to give up Finley and get back Keller, I would need a better QB then Campbell in the deal as well. There is plenty of depth at the TE position, I would check the WW to see if there's any gems there. Gresham? Dickson is a good solid option in a ppr league. Jared Cook is seeing more action with Britt sidelined.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=503154
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Eww.

I like that Campbell for Finley deal if you can get it.
I like that Witten deal IMO.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)

Postby javens » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:03 pm

If you can get Finley jump all over it. He's a buy low option right now, I don't think he's going to stay like that for much longer. It's only a matter of time before Finley becomes the #1 fantasy tight-end. If you watched last game. He uncharacteristically dropped a TD pass, and a 15 yard pass up the middle (my point is he easily could have 100 yds and a TD last week).
javens
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions