Need Some Trade Advice, WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need Some Trade Advice, WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need Some Trade Advice, WHIR 100%

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Ok I need some trade advice. I'm 2-3 in my league and I feel like the season could slip away from me within the next couple weeks because of my rosters matchups. I play in a standard 12 team league, non ppr. We start 1QB, 2RB, FLEX, 2WR, TE, DST, K

Here's my roster (starters in bold)
QB: Romo, Eli Manning
RB: Fred Jackson, MJD, Steven Jackson, Cedric Benson, Ryan Torain
WR: Nicks, Stevie Johnson Torey Smith, Manningham
TE: Hernandez, Daniels

I'm trying to trade MJD away because frankly I don't like his matchups coming up (Wk6 @PIT, Wk7 vs BAL), and his team sucks. I'm also trying to get rid of Stevie Johnson because I'm not sure how much I like him going forward, and he still has two games left against Revis. Which will probably mean two automatic games under 5 fantasy points. I really have no need for Eli and Benson, so i'm going to try to use them as trade bait. Will these trades help my team, or am I giving up too much:

MJD and Eli for Arian Foster

MJD and Eli for DMC

Stevie Johnson and Ced Benson for Miles Austin
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need Some Trade Advice, WHIR 100%

Postby Therobsclub » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:11 pm

I would def say try and do those trades! If it doesn't work then maybe do MJD and Stevie for one of those two.

Help!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=503088
Adrian Peterson....The NEXT Walter Peyton!

-TheRob's Club
Therobsclub
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philly_05 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:49 pm

I would try the first one don't super love the other two.
QB- Roethlisberger, Rivers, Foles
RB- McCoy, Lynch, L James, Ivory, F Jackson, D Thomas, Turbin
WR- Julio, Bowe, D Bryant, D Jax, Amendola, Broyles, Gordon, Hill
TE- Celek, D Allen
DEF- Giants
K- Zuerlin
D- D Washington, S Weatherspoon, L Kuechly
Philly_05
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Postby issaquah stud » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:15 pm

I don't like any of the offers if I owned McFadden or Foster. And the Benson and S.Johnson for Austin would only work if the other team REALLY needed RB help.

I'd offer Sjax and Steve Johnson for Austin or some other elite WR. I'd even consider MJD and Johnson for Austin and something small.

But if you truly want to get the ELITE player you're gonna have to get "ripped" off by value. But it will make your roster better. I hate when people think they're giving such a "sweet" deal when it isn't improving the other person's roster...DON'T be that guy. lol

here's mine: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=503093
12 Team League
Starting:
QB: Schaub
RB: MJD/MBIII
WR: Megatron/Cotchery
TE: VDavis
K/DEF: always changes
Bench:
QB: Big Ben/Henne
RB: Bush/FelixJones/RJennings
WR: AGonz/ACollie/LEvans/Maclin
TE: Keller
issaquah stud
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:07 pm

issaquah stud wrote:I don't like any of the offers if I owned McFadden or Foster. And the Benson and S.Johnson for Austin would only work if the other team REALLY needed RB help.

I'd offer Sjax and Steve Johnson for Austin or some other elite WR. I'd even consider MJD and Johnson for Austin and something small.

But if you truly want to get the ELITE player you're gonna have to get "ripped" off by value. But it will make your roster better. I hate when people think they're giving such a "sweet" deal when it isn't improving the other person's roster...DON'T be that guy. lol

here's mine: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=503093

Well that's the thing, it does help both teams. The team with Foster has Fitzpatrick and Sanchez as their QB. So they would be getting a starting QB in Eli, and then a small downgrade from Foster to MJD. Lets not forget that MJD is top 10 in scoring for RB's. I think the owner is a bit worried because Fitz has tailed off a bit, and he is losing WR options (Roscoe Parrish and Jones are both out for a while). He is thinking about it, but countered with:

I Receive: Foster, Fitzpatrick, Mike Thomas
I Give Up: MJD, Eli, Benson

I'm hesitant on that trade because I may need Benson for depth during bye weeks, but I do have Torain burried on my bench who could end up being better than Benson. Should I take that deal?
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions