Help me improve my team...WHIR ASAP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Help me improve my team...WHIR ASAP

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help me improve my team...WHIR ASAP

Postby JMT75 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:57 pm

So this is a PPR league. I am 5-0 and in 1st place fairly easily (about 100 more total points than 2nd place 5-0 team). I really don't think that my roster will continue this production. Maybe I am just pessimistic and waiting for something to go wrong but here is my roster.

Projected Starting Line-Up if Playoffs started today...

QB: Brady
RB: Rice
RB: Forte
WR: Megatron
WR: Colston (I picked him up off WW before last week so he really hasn't helped me at all)
TE: Gronkowski
W/RB: Best
W/RB: Garcon (Just picked him up too and haven't benefited from his 30 pt games)
K: Rackers
D/ST: Patriots

Bench:
RB/WR: McCluster
WR: J. Nelson
WR: S. Rice
WR: D. Nelson
WR: Manningham

I know my obvious 1st move is to get rid of Pats D/ST and just go defense week-week based on match-ups. Also thinking of dropping D. Nelson for Jason Campbell to sure up backup QB.

My main question is regarding my WR's. I feel like they are incredibly mediocre outside of Megatron and I go back and forth each week as to who to start. It's really a guessing game. How should I look to upgrade this unit? Should I look to trade 2/3 of them for 1 stud? Or maybe Jahvid Best and 1 of them for a stud? Are Garcon/Best sell high guys or should I look to keep them? Even when Best wasn't running the ball at all he was a shoe in for 10 pts at least so I am leaning towards trying to keep him unless something great falls into my lap.

So should I look for these moves or stay pat? Thoughts? WHIR ASAP.
JMT75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help me improve my team...WHIR ASAP

Postby POJO_Risin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:53 pm

I'd stand pat...while your receivers aren't studs...they are solid...

You could package Best (a sell high right now), but are you going to get a better flex than he is right now?

Nope...stand pat, and enjoy...

Thanks for the help...
"All my friends now...they look up to me...the wish they could be...a lot more like me..." DLR
POJO_Risin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help me improve my team...WHIR ASAP

Postby Crazed98 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:52 pm

I agree, your team is pretty solid. I would shop around Manningham/McCluster though to see if you can unload them on someone else who may value them higher.

viewtopic.php?t=503344
Crazed98
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings