Basic Question About Selecting a Defense - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Basic Question About Selecting a Defense

Moderator: Football Moderators

Basic Question About Selecting a Defense

Postby Roy Dixon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:52 pm

I own the Raven's D. I also own Arian Foster. This week those 2 teams play each other. It doesn't make sense to me to start a defense when I have 1 or more starters going up against that D... I also have the Bengals D, but I own Pierre Garcon, and he has been doing really well lately. I could pick up Atlanta (vs Car) which is a decent matchup on paper. So... Do I pick up Atlanta and dump the Bengals? or am I worying too much and just start Baltimore?
Roy Dixon
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Basic Question About Selecting a Defense

Postby methodair » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:27 pm

sorry i didnt see this earlier but your rationale is good if you have players starting against your defense its time to be creative with maximizing your potential total. ravens D is top 3 in the league right now so sometimes it might be better to sit an offensive player than to look for another D. running backs are tough to make that call against them though. i think the best decision wouldve been to start cinncinati since atlantas defense has been shoddy this season, and it seems that was the best call afterall
methodair
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Beginner's Forum