frank gore for cam newton? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

frank gore for cam newton? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

frank gore for cam newton? WHIR

Postby MWRtodayy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:05 pm

qb:matt schaub
wr:calvin johnson
wr:santana moss
rb:chris johnson
rb:frank gore
te:vernon davis
wr/te: brandon lloyd

marques colston, beanie wells, julio jones, fred davis, flacco

scoring: .5 completion, .5 rushing attempt, and .5 reception.

Im in need of a top qb as schaub has been inconsistent. Should i give joe flacco and frank gore for Cam Newton? Cam newton has been an all star but i cant help but think that because hes a rookie, hes going to fall off. Although he has been proving me wrong this whole time
MWRtodayy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: frank gore for cam newton? WHIR

Postby jman21 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:21 pm

Thanks for your help. How deep is the league? 10 or 12 team?

I think Gore is a bit too much especially in a 10 team, but maybe not if it's a deeper league with more scarcity at QB. I'd rather part with Beanie and Flacco and then turn around and trade Schaub for a running back.

Here's my thought process: I don't think Cam is going to fall off. His 'bad game' against Jax was 14.5 points. He runs in TDs to supplement his value and throws deep balls all game. I live in Charlotte (though not a panthers fan) and have watched his game. I don't like him, but he IS legit. I put him right in the Rivers, Stafford, Romo tier behind the top 4. Prolly 6 behind Rivers

The reason I wouldn't give up Gore is simply there's probably no reason you need to. I'm sure most of the other teams in ur league are set at QB and he has someone like Drew Brees on his team as well. Most teams will hesitate to create a hole on their roster by giving up an elite RB/WR just to upgrade their QB. Basically I'm saying he most likely has no leverage in the deal. It's not like you're desperate. Schaub is still pretty solid. I.e. I'm in a 12 team league and Newton just went for Felix Jones/Lance Moore to an owner with Brees/Newton that had been holding out for an elite RB. Never happened.
jman21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: frank gore for cam newton? WHIR

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:38 pm

nO DUDE YOU ARE SERIOUSLY OVERPAYING!
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)