New to FF and in need of advice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

New to FF and in need of advice

Moderator: Football Moderators

New to FF and in need of advice

Postby Freakyllama » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Hello everyone! This year I decided to finally make the plunge and join the madness that is Fantasy Football. While I watched the odd game now and then, I never really followed football. After getting hassled by the rest of the vets in our league, I decided to buckle down. After spending a few hours a day for the last two months or so reading all I can, I still feel a bit lost. I would really appreciate it if some of you would look at my roster and point out any leaks in my team.

Alright, here's the good stuff. The league is through espn.com. There are 12 teams. The scoring type is Head to Head Points. 9 starters, 9 bench. Starters are QB, 2RB, 1RB/WR, 2 WR, TE, K, D/ST

Here is my roster.
Starters
QB- Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB- Deji Karim
RB- Adrian Peterson
RB/WR- Victor Cruz
WR- Dez Bryant
WR- Santonio Holmes
TE- Visanthe Shiancoe
D/ST- Titants (note: currently on a week 6 BYE. Trying to figure out who to drop to pick up another D)
K- John Kasay

Bench:
Chris Johnson *BYE*
Matt Schaub
Antonio Gates *BYE*
Marshawn Lynch *BYE*
Deion Branch
Nate Washington *BYE*
Early Doucet *BYE*
Denarius Moore
Jacoby Jones

I recently traded Cam Newton/Dexter McCluster for Adriand Peterson/Ryan Fitzpatrick. Hope that wasn't a terrible idea.Also, another team wants to trade me Mark Ingram for Santonio Holmes. I have no idea what to do with this. This BYE week is really hurting my usual starters, however, even with them all playing, I haven't been doing well. Record is currently 1-4. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone for your time.
Freakyllama
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New to FF and in need of advice

Postby letterafteri » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Sorry you didn't get any replies to this. I really like the trade you made. It should help you pick up some wins as the season progresses.

I don't know what you're situation is this week but I wouldn't make that trade now that the week is over. You definitely needed RB help last week. Always check injuries and things like that. Addai was out last week, Best looks to be out this week, Felix Jones out etc...
Might be a better option going with a normal back up who is starting all of the sudden than a straight back up like Karim.

Good luck with the rest of the season. Watch more games, you'll find yourself getting into it a lot more!
This whole thing works better if you actually participate! HELP ME TO HELP YOU...
letterafteri
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby packfan12 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:04 am

You need to send a gift basket to whoever gave you that Adrian Peterson trade, and look into free agency for Delone Carter, you need another RB this week. Karim does have sporadic moments of promise, but Carter will be getting a lot more carries. You're kinda screwed at that slot this week either way though.

*Sorry, didn't see the date of the post
packfan12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)

Postby RJason » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Denarius Moore, Deji Karim, and TENN D are all droppable if you need to find players for the BYE week issues. TENN hasn't been a good D at all, see if you can find a better one on the waivers. HOU, WAS, BUF, KC are some that might be available. New Orleans D is a popular add this week.

I wouldn't take the recent trade offer. Good luck!
RJason
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby andrea10 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:40 am

are there basic rules?
andrea10
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Beginner's Forum