Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Megatron on te block...WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Megatron on te block...WHIR

Postby sanamor » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:05 pm

Sex Panther wrote:
sanamor wrote:
Sex Panther wrote:
As a Megatron owner, and as somebody who has tried to land him, BGE & Felix probably won't be enough.

In all honesty, I would offer McFadden - I know it may sound crazy, but he has never been able to stay healthy & unless somebody really drops their pants for Megatron he's not going to get a better offer IMO.

You'll still be able to play Felix + whoever @ RB & roll out Megatron + Nicks.

McFadden is great no doubt, but as made evident last week, he can be contained (couple that w/ his injury history).

Megatron is simply uncoverable at this point if he doesn't hit 20 TD I'd be suprised, he is in line for an all time season.

So based on my lineup, you would rather have Mega for the rest of the season over DMC?

I think Calvin is leaps and bounds ahead of all other WR in a .5 PPR - he's uncoverable, Stafford has absolutely no problem just chucking it and letting Calvin go and get it.

If you want him, I think offering McFadden for him gives you the best shot to land him.

Losing McFadden sucks, but gaining Calvin is worth it IMO.

Pairing him with Nicks gives you 2 TD machines at WR - you'll probably end up w/ 30 TD form that pair.

BGE/Felix/McGahee are all very startable RB.

I don't think BGE & Felix is enough to land Megatron (I would take the Jennings/Sproles deal before that).

If you can land him for BGE & Felix, by all means do it.

But, put yourself in the Calvin owner's shoes - would you want Felix & BGE for him? I know I wouldn't. I'm not even sure if I would accept McFadden for him, but I know I'd think long and hard about it.

If Calvin keeps up his current pace you're looking at the greatest fantasy season of all time for a WR - 93/1443/29 - 364.8 fanatasy points in .5 PPR

Realistically, Calvin should hit, at a minimum 80 catches, 1200 yards, 20 TD - 280 fantasy points in .5 PPR.

McFadden should post a top 5 RB season

At his current pace, McFadden = 1661/54/477/13 = 318.8 fantasy points in a full PPR.

Realistically, Run DMC should hit, at a minimum, 1300/40/400/10 = 250 fantasy points in a .5 PPR

Calvin also doesn't have to worry about Micheal Bush poaching short TD runs.

Personally, I would rather roll out Megatron/Nicks/Felix/BGE/McGahee as opposed to Nicks/Marshall/McFadden/Felix/BGE.

Just my 2 cents on the situation.

Obviously Calvin's success is tied to Stafford. I know Calvin can produce with lesser QBs, but he won't go on a streak like this. Having said that, thanks for all the help with this. I am going to make some offers and see what happens. Thanks again for the info.
sanamor
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions