Inexperienced in need of help Thanks! (lineup) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Inexperienced in need of help Thanks! (lineup)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Inexperienced in need of help Thanks! (lineup)

Postby swizzle » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:04 am

Okay, so I need some advice on possible trades or whom to play this week. I'm playing on a yahoo league with 1 active QB....I will include my list of players etc etc and the ppl I will be playing, any recommendations would be appreciated as I am very new to this and not so Knowledgeable on players playing against different teams etc etc.

My Bench:
Jabbar Gaffney
Dane Sanzenbacher
Doug Baldwin (bye)
Jerome Simpson (dropping on the waiver wire for Meachum, still waiting to see if it happens)
Jeremy Shockey
Kevin Kolb (Bye)
Cam Newton

My Team: ---- Opponent:

Tom Brady (QB) ----- Joe Flacco

David Nelson (WR) ----- Roddy White
Lance Moore ----- Michael Crabtree
Darrius Hayward-Bey ----- Anquan Boldin

Matt Forte (RB) ----- BenJarvus Green-Ellis
James Starks ----- Ray Rice

Fred Davis (TE) ----- Jimmy Graham

John Kasey (K) ----- Robbie Gould
Green Bay (DEF) ------ Cincinnati
swizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Inexperienced in need of help Thanks! (lineup)

Postby swizzle » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:59 am

Also any advice on whom I should/could trade for better WRs or what not, like a possible package deal for specific WR's I'm strong in QBs and my one RB lol any advice on this also would be appreciated. :-)
swizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby stickywicket » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:22 pm

It looks like you are starting the right people. As far as trades you just have to find a weakness in someone else's team and try to sell them someone you have. Usually you do this by making their weakness seem even weaker than it actually is. You can probably afford to package a couple of your worse players for one really good one on someone else's team.
QB Rex Grossman
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
RB Rashard Mendenhall
RB/WR BenJarvus Green-Ellis
WR L. Fitzgerald
WR J. Maclin
TE Antonio Gates
D/ST Jets
K Stephen Gostkowski

BENCH
Bradford
Ingram
Garcon
Ricky Williams
McNabb
Sproles
Giants
stickywicket
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby doomedn00b » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:32 pm

You seem to have the idea down pretty well. The only bit of advice I have is to. try and replace Lance Moore. Breed loves to spread the ball around a lot. Which means fewer receptions for each receiver. On top of that, Brees top targets are Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles, making most of the saints receivers near useless. Try to find a receiver in a smaller corps. Sanzenbacher is a nice replacement from the bench.
doomedn00b
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby swizzle » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:26 am

I did find someone in my leauge that is kinda weak in QB, the thing is, he offered me Dwane Bowe for Brady. I have no problem giving up Brady and using Cam as my starter and Kolb as my Backup.
I was thinking, perhaps a counter Brady for Nicks and Dwane Bowe or Cam and Doug Baldwin or just Cam and Lance for Marshall and Nicks. I don't know lol I'm glad I cut Devery Henderson though last week.
I must say this is taxing on the mind but I'm having alot of fun with it. Thanks again everyone for the help and insights.

Lineup of the person wanting to trade
Josh Freeman
(TB - QB)

Hakeem Nicks
(NYG - WR)

James Jones
(GB - WR)

Brandon Marshall
(Mia - WR)

Adrian Peterson
(Min - RB)

Steven Jackson
(StL - RB)

Benjamin Watson
(Cle - TE)

His Bench
Dwayne Bowe
(KC - WR)

Michael Bush
(Oak - RB)

Kellen Winslow

Reggie Bush
(Mia - RB)

Carnell Williams
(StL - RB)

Jacoby Jones
(Hou - WR)

Preston Parker
(TB - WR)

Edit: I guess the other question is....if I nabbed Nicks could that be disastrous with him and Cruz going toe to toe, would it be in my better interest to try spreading the butter a little thicker by picking up Marshall and Bowe (despite I can't play bowe this week due to bye) lol kk I'm done, hope this all made sense and thanks again) After this post I'm pretty sure what I want to due but a little reassuring input will most defiantly help
Last edited by swizzle on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
swizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby doomedn00b » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:35 am

First off, I have yet to even finish your most recent post. I wouldn't trade Brady at all. Sure with Cam sky is the limit, but whats to say he wont crash back to earth on any given week? Brady is like a first class plane ride at 80000 feet. Smooth and consistent. On top of that, I's say he's worth much more than both of those players combined. I'll edit soon once I finish reading.

Ok, now that I've read. I'd say trade Cam. Maybe you could send Cam and (somebody minor) for Nicks and B Marsh. That is if your lucky. I'd think you could get 2 for your money with Cam, even if they both aren't top wideouts, as long as one of em is.
doomedn00b
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby swizzle » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:52 am

Welp, I proposed my very first Trade Cam and Moore for Nicks and Marshall, lets see if he bites or counters lol thanks again everyone for the inputs ;-D
swizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Beginner's Forum