Manningham or FA? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Manningham or FA?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Manningham or FA?

Postby Sticky Fingers » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:08 am

I have VJax on a bye this week and my only bench WR is Manningham against the Bills 25th ranked pass defense. Do I take a chance on him this week? I'm thinking after Victor Cruz's last 3 weeks, defenses have to keep a closer eye on him, hopefully leaving Manningham open for more opportunities. If not Manningham, should I drop him and pick up 1 of these FAs?

Heyward-Bey(Oak) vs Clev
Branch(NE) vs Dal
Nelson(Buf) @ NYG
Antonio Brown(Pit) vs Jax--I already have Wallace starting
Simpson(Cin) vs Ind
Knox(Chi) vs Minn
Torrey Smith(Balt) vs Hou
Gaffney(Was) vs Phil

Edit: Now available Mike Williams(TB) vs NO
Last edited by Sticky Fingers on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sticky Fingers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Manningham or FA?

Postby Pl3onner » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:20 am

You have a good point about manningham, but I just don't think he's trustable at this point in the season. I'd go Branch, he's a favorite target of Brady's especially in the endzone and they'll be looking to air it out against the brutal Dallas run defense. Howard-Bey and Nelson are also safe bets but could backfire.

Mine viewtopic.php?t=503230
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Honeybadgers » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks for the help with mine

i would stick with Manningham. Your other options are all intriguing (Esp DHB, Branch and Simpson) but none of them are a clearly better than what you have. Unless you feel you need to take a risk and go for the home run ball (and in that case I'd go DHB) stick with Manningham for the week.
Honeybadgers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)

Postby KK_Cowboy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Branch would be a good choice, I could make a case for Smith as well against a Houston D that can give up some big plays in the passing game at times.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby impervious » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:18 pm

I would still go with Manningham. Even if cruz is doing well, manningham is still their WR1.

And for branch. i would not put him in because NE offense is unpredictable unless you have welker. Any of the other WR's are unpredictable
impervious
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby buckheel57 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:42 pm

I'd go with Nelson, i think he'll have a big week against a shaky Giants secondary.
buckheel57
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby agilewm » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Manningham then branch.
10 team ppr w big play bonuses

QB E. Manning
RB C Johnson, Forte, Sproles
WR Marshall, A.Brown, Decker
TE Finley
DEF Houston,
K M.Bryant
Bench: D.Brown, M.Bush, J.Rodgers, Amendola, D.Moore, Flacco
agilewm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cubanrob19 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:59 am

thanks for the help on mine.

I like Branch and D.Nelson ... but I think Manningham is in a good spot this week, not only because of what you said how the D might be focusing on Cruz more, but also because they are playing a team that loves shootouts, and this game has the making of another one!

My second choice would actually have to be Nelson ... they just moved him to the outside spot and has a chance of grabbing some long plays this week! Branch is good, but there are a lot more mouths to feed in NE!
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GTOon19Z » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:11 pm

impervious wrote:I would still go with Manningham. Even if cruz is doing well, manningham is still their WR1.

And for branch. i would not put him in because NE offense is unpredictable unless you have welker. Any of the other WR's are unpredictable

Actually, although Branch can sometimes be viewed as the odd man out in that passing situation, it is obvious that him and Brady have a good rapport. He has been on the uptick as of late, and doesnt face a very daunting pass defense this week.

That being said, Manningham is NOT the WR1 in NY. I think there's a guy names HAKEEM NICKS there, and his banana hands can catch a cruise ship. Cruz has clear-cut talent, and that alone should sway more coverage attention his way. Manningham may well benefit from that, but starting him is still a bit sketch.

It's a tough decision, but I go with Branch. He will never command the top defender, and his QB is much more reliable. Brady obviously likes the guy. His lines over the last 5 weeks:
7-93-0
8-129-0
0-0-0
1-4-1
7-74-1

Now, Manningham's:
4-49-0
3-56-0
0-0-0 (concussed)
1-10-0
5-56-0

The weeks that he produces, Branch does so in style. I know there's a nice GOOSE EGG in week three, but that has to be viewed as an anomaly.

Good Luck!!!

Help me out pls,

viewtopic.php?t=503541
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)

Postby jayceeLLC » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:46 pm

I have both Manningham and Deion Branch and Branch has come through more than not. Gun to my head, I'd rather go with Brady throwing to Branch rather than Manning to Manningham.

Help here? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=503497
jayceeLLC Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench