RB / FLEX POSITION HELP! **WHIR** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

RB / FLEX POSITION HELP! **WHIR**

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB / FLEX POSITION HELP! **WHIR**

Postby ckeenza » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:05 pm

NON-PPR standard league...

OK so I need some help on who to start in my RB2 and Flex spot. Right now this is how it stands and I'll list my bench players.

RB2 - Daniel Thomas vs. NYJ
Flex - Marques Colston vs. TB

Bench:
Dallas Clark vs. CIN
Tim Hightower vs. PHI
Ryan Torain vs. PHI
Earnest Graham vs. NO

I realize there are some questions here, still waiting for the announced starter for Washington (even though it has to be a timeshare anyway) and if Blount is playing. I believe Thomas is the best play because NYJ haven't been the best rushing defense, but what about the flex spot?

(ALSO: In another league, also non-ppr, I forgot about a trade offer after week one and just gave up jahvid best and aaron hernandez for beanie wells and darren sproles. I have greg olsen as my other TE. Was that really bad to forget about?)
ckeenza
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB / FLEX POSITION HELP! **WHIR**

Postby Pl3onner » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:28 pm

I would go Hightower. Even if he does split with Torrain he'll most likely be the red zone man on an offense that seems to be working like a well oiled machine this year. I don't trust Torrain quite yet, and think Hightower is a better skilled back. Thomas has had a bad hammy and he's still a rookie, although I like him as a player and should produce in the future. Not a bad choice just a little riskier. Dallas Clark sucks I wasted a dece pick on him in one of my leagues, he seems to be getting worse and is not worth the risk. Even if Blount doesn't play Earnest Graham isn't a sure thing for a lot of points, look at Redman last week and Ridley who subbed for Woodhead very unsuccessfully.

Yeah that trade is kind of unfortunate, but not killer. I just think Hernandez and Best are just more of touchdown scorers mostly because they're on better teams. Olsen should be fine as a starter.

Hope I helped, here's mine: viewtopic.php?t=503230
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dunskee » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:46 pm

thanks for the help with mine.

Here you i think you should go with Daniel Thomas and Ryan Torain if he's the starter or at least is guranteed some carries. Philly is ranked last against rb's. Even if its by committee, I still think Torain will get the better half, just look at what Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter did when they play Philly.
dunskee
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)

Postby MMhawk607 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks for helping on mine!

Here I'll keep it short and sweet.
Thomas for sure. He's the main running back in Miami over Bush so definitely him.
The second one is a bit of a question but I'd go Torain, Hightower is still questionable atm.

;-D
so pro.
MMhawk607 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby chillpony » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:36 pm

I just traded Thomas in a deal fro MJD. That being said I'd trust him as well this week. Look at his 2 "Healthy" starts already this year. 28 points, that is solid.

Will he do as well Monday night, who knows. They will likely be behind, but i'd roll with him over time share guys I think. PLus he catches the ball too. Look what BGE just did, and Thomas is so much more explosive.

Help with mine???

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=503379&p=3375493#p3375493
chillpony
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby doomedn00b » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:33 pm

Personally I think Thomas would be a good choice due to the sole fact that he gets so many looks each game. And the fact that the Jets can't stop the run is a plus as well.
doomedn00b
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cubanrob19 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:11 am

thanks for the help on mine ...

I kinda like it the way you have it! although Im also liking Torain this week ... I think DT is your for sure RB2, and I dont think you can do wrong playing either Colston or Torain in your flex.

best of luck!
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff