What will Tebow do to Eric Decker's Value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

What will Tebow do to Eric Decker's Value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What will Tebow do to Eric Decker's Value?

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Can we get this thread back on track, please?

I don't care about Tebow love or hate. The specific point of this thread is the question of what Tebow will do to Decker from a FF perspective, as compared to what we expected from Orton. That's it. Please stop with the mindless appeals to college stats. I don't care how someone performs against a massively watered down talent pool. I care how he performs in the concentrated world of the NFL. And more importantly, how his now likely #1 wr will perform. The FF relevance of both players is a HUGE question mark.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3259
Joined: 28 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the Belly of the Beast

Re: What will Tebow do to Eric Decker's Value?

Postby JeRmZ » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:43 pm

The stats I posted are not mindless appeals when it concerns everyones' number one issue with Tebow ... that he is primarily a running QB.

It's simply not true.

so as you stated to keep this topic on track ... Decker will step up, and IMO is a better WR than Lloyd and will prove that.
Everyone also fails to realize that Demaryius Thomas will be back, as is Royal and Denver also has Matt Willis as well. Everyone thinks now that Lloyd is gone, that Decker will be the only WR on the field on sundays.
Image
JeRmZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1168
Joined: 28 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What will Tebow do to Eric Decker's Value?

Postby dgan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:35 pm

JeRmZ wrote:The stats I posted are not mindless appeals when it concerns everyones' number one issue with Tebow ... that he is primarily a running QB.

It's simply not true.


It is true. He had more rushing attempts than completions. I was not speaking in the literal sense of passing attempts, I was referring to style of play. He had more rushing attempts than completions. If that is not the definition of a running QB, what is?

JeRmZ wrote:so as you stated to keep this topic on track ... Decker will step up, and IMO is a better WR than Lloyd and will prove that.
Everyone also fails to realize that Demaryius Thomas will be back, as is Royal and Denver also has Matt Willis as well. Everyone thinks now that Lloyd is gone, that Decker will be the only WR on the field on sundays.


Unlike Fatfoot, I don't think this thread was offtrack. Unless Decker throws the ball to himself, his entire fantasy production is based on how Tebow performs. No one knows for sure how that will turn out - you are making one argument, and I am making a counter-argument.

And listing the other receivers on the team doesn't help your argument. Decker may not even be the best WR on his own team once Thomas is healthy. And, as I said, Fox wants to run the ball. Even if Tebow averages 35 attempts a game (which I think is a stretch), he'll only complete half of those which will be spread around to all those receivers and the RBs. And I guarantee you his red zone TD passes will be in the bottom of 3 of the league from this point out.

Plus, is everyone forgetting that this team is one of the half dozen dumpster fires going on in the league right now? WRs are a dime a dozen - so I think Decker is just a waste of time because of all the factors...not just Tebow. Just my opinion...we'll see how it plays out.
Image
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2941
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field

Re: What will Tebow do to Eric Decker's Value?

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:11 pm

FatFoot wrote:Can we get this thread back on track, please?


The title of this thread makes it a Tebow/Decker thread, not just a Decker thread. Nothing being discussed so far is irrelevant.

Although Denver is a bad team that just traded away it's best pass catcher, and although Tebow isn't likely to complete as many passes as Orton did when he was starting last year, by hook or by crook, Tebow has managed to produce TDs on a weekly basis. Decker has already scored 5 TDs in 5 games. However fluky it may be, you have a TD happy WR with a TD capable QB and I see people predicting doom and gloom.

All I'm saying is that I'm waiting and seeing on both players, although I think Decker is a borderline top 25 play this week and until proven otherwise, in spite of the week 5 goose egg.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1845
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 30 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What will Tebow do to Eric Decker's Value?

Postby LeBron James » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:53 am

The Age of Demaryius is upon us! :-D
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 366
Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What will Tebow do to Eric Decker's Value?

Postby Purple1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:04 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
FatFoot wrote:Can we get this thread back on track, please?


The title of this thread makes it a Tebow/Decker thread, not just a Decker thread. Nothing being discussed so far is irrelevant.

Although Denver is a bad team that just traded away it's best pass catcher, and although Tebow isn't likely to complete as many passes as Orton did when he was starting last year, by hook or by crook, Tebow has managed to produce TDs on a weekly basis. Decker has already scored 5 TDs in 5 games. However fluky it may be, you have a TD happy WR with a TD capable QB and I see people predicting doom and gloom.

All I'm saying is that I'm waiting and seeing on both players, although I think Decker is a borderline top 25 play this week and until proven otherwise, in spite of the week 5 goose egg.


I like this analysis!!! Because the bye has hit me pretty hard this week I'm rolling with Tebow in one league and Decker in another. I'm actually pretty confident they'll produce even though its an away game the Tebow zelots will probably out# Dolphin fans.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 281
Joined: 24 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:11 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact