McGahee for Daniels or Hernandez? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

McGahee for Daniels or Hernandez? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

McGahee for Daniels or Hernandez? WHIR

Postby schmidty » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:38 pm

I'm trying to swing a major deal for a top-level WR. But plan B is upgrading my TE. One guy has Owen Daniels and Aaron Hernandez. But he could use help at RB. He has AP, but after that he has an injured Blount and some guys that you don't want to have to start (Pierre Thomas, Grant, Helu, Slaton). My team is:

QB: Brees, Flacco
RB: Foster, SJax, Best, McGahee, Jacobs
WR: Holmes, Harvin, Branch, Lance Moore, Mike Thomas
TE: Cook, Davis
K: Kasay
DEF: Steelers
D: Bishop

We start: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, R/W, TE, K, DEF, D

McGahee for either guy is perfectly fair, isn't it? The other guy can't play a TE in the flex. And his own regular starting flex guy is pretty weak as is - either Grant/Thomas as a RB, or Nelson/Royal as a WR. And since I wouldn't keep 3 TEs, I suppose I could throw in one of my current TEs so he knows the bye is covered.

Just curious. Seemed a no-brainer (even more so for him) ... but he's been ignoring my messages. But I don't want to officially send the trade out, since I'm also dangling SJax or Best for a WR. Losing 2 starting RBs would gimp me at the position.

BTW, just got a Ben Watson for SJax offer. No, I don't need anyone to tell me that's awful :-D I know SJax could be viewed as a "buy low" and Watson has had some decent games ... but seriously?!?
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: McGahee for Daniels or Hernandez? WHIR

Postby schmidty » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Anyone? Unlike all the people I've helped out in the last 24 hours (linking to this thread), I really do always return the favor if you need it.
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby c0megets0me » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:11 pm

I think Daniels is going to be more consistent but Hernandez would also be a nice add. I would wait and see if the other trade goes though before offering another RB. You dont want to end up thin at RB after a TE and WR trade. Maybe the best thing to do is cancel the WR trade and rework it including one of his TE's.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wags » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:14 pm

I think you've got a few good options. I would sooner lean towards Owen Daniels than Hernandez....Dre or not, I would much whether have a stand-out TE. New England's Tandem gives me a headache.

I think McGahee is a pretty fair trade for Owens, if I needed a RB, I probably would do it. But I think the poster above as the right idea, trying to get a new WR and TE in the same trade.

Another option I would consider is unloading Best. After a HUGE game on Monday night, I don't seem him really producing but around 10 points a week. If it wasn't for that long TD run, he would have been right around 10 points again. If you didn't watch the game, most people don't know that. I really think you could get someone to overpay for him. Plus the Lions are a 'sexy' team right now.

Hope that helps....

Opinion on mine? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=503535&p=3376116#p3376116
Wags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)

Postby schmidty » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:08 pm

Wags wrote:Another option I would consider is unloading Best. After a HUGE game on Monday night, I don't seem him really producing but around 10 points a week. If it wasn't for that long TD run, he would have been right around 10 points again. If you didn't watch the game, most people don't know that. I really think you could get someone to overpay for him. Plus the Lions are a 'sexy' team right now.

Trust me ... that's plan A ;-D Unfortunately the teams I sent RB-for-WR offers are just sitting on them. One guy has had an offer in his lap for over a week. They don't reply to e-mails/pms/league posts. They don't respond to the trade (accept, reject, or counter). I know they've logged into the league page, because Yahoo shows that for all the managers. But they just ... do nothing. I hate that ... and little things like that make me not want to play with those people in the future :-C It's one thing to not want to trade. All you have to do is hit reject and say "Sorry ... I don't want to trade". Or just hit reject ... I'll get the message. But to just ignore everything is rude.
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jetzman51 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:13 pm

I personally like Hernandez alot. Brady loves his TEs especially in the red zone, and hernandez is a guy they line up as a Wr at times also. He would have had another huge game last week had he not dropped an easy TD. I like Daniels but he has some injury concerns also with andre johnson coming back and arian foster healthy daniels is prob gonna slow down a little in my opinion both are talented though.

help me out please viewtopic.php?t=503599
jetzman51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:00 am

McGahee for Hernandez makes sense.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero