Keeper League Deal "ReBuild" (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper League Deal "ReBuild" (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League Deal "ReBuild" (WHIR)

Postby VIKINGFAN » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:07 pm

I am sitting at a 1-4 record, after 5 weeks, and quickly beginning to see that it isn't my season. I am trying to accumulate major talent back that has keeper value. Our league has a 30 rd draft, and we are allowed to protect 6 players annually, Players are allowed to be kept in the rd they are drafted in, but after one year of service they would move up 4 rds the following year. Its a 2 QB league, 2 RB and 4 WR and 2 TE weekly......

Example I own RB - James Starks (who would cost me a 10th rd keeper slot in 2012) and then a 6th rd keeper slot in 2013 and then a 2nd rd keeper slot in 2014 and so on,

Currently have 2 offers on the table:

OFFER #1
I TRADE AWAY:
WR - D.Bryant (non keeper)
RB - F.Jones (non keeper)
FOR
I RECEIVE:
QB - C.Newton (4th rd keeper slot) would be 4th rd keeper next season (2012) and then would be lost the following year (2013)

OFFER#2
I TRADE AWAY:
QB - P.Rivers (non keeper)
RB - J.Stewart (6th rd keeper slot) barried behind D.Williams who knows if he will ever get a chance to shine.
WR - D.Bryant (non keeper)
FOR
I RECEIVE:
QB - J.Freeman (8th rd keeper slot) potentially a 2 year keeper for our format. Not Cam Newton but a nice QB to build around.
RB - M.Leshoure (19th rd keeper slot) potentially a 3-4 year keeper in our format, depending on how solid he becomes, I got big hopes for him.
WR - E.Bennett (non keeper) fill in for D.Bryant's spot on my roster, when healthy Slot receiver for the Bears.
WR - D.Moore (15th rd keeper slot) has some value, but Raider WR are always so dicey, I am trying to score WR - M.Williams (TB) (non keeper)
Last edited by VIKINGFAN on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VIKINGFAN
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper League Deal "ReBuild" (WHIR)

Postby JRoZe628 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Id go with deal #1
JRoZe628
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dirty T » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:21 pm

yep i would have to go with #1.
Dirty T
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Postby VIKINGFAN » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:23 pm

What no love for Freeman/Leshoure/and possible Moore instead of Cam Newton?

I am really high on Leshoure for next season, and at that rd of a keeper.....(dynasty purposes)

Any insight on Leshoure and Freeman?
VIKINGFAN
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby itsamemario » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Go with deal one, Cam Newton is just a beast. Always money for 20-30 yards rushion + a rushing TD since he is Carolina's goal line RB. That9 pts right their without counting passing stats. Roll with deal #1
itsamemario
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Poquito Cabeza » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:33 pm

I'll go with offer 1 because Cam Newton looks like a safe bet, the others we still dont know
Poquito Cabeza
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby snoopy4life12 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:06 am

Cam is only going to get better, go with #1
snoopy4life12
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby VIKINGFAN » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:13 am

I agree I love Newton here, but I would only get to keep him for one more year, and then he is lost, In the other deal I would be able to keep Freeman probably for 2 or 3 more years, and also get Leshoure that would be eligible for atleast 5+ years of keeper rights. Moore is a token, don't know about him.

Any other input greatly appreciated.....

Thanks
VIKINGFAN
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dawg17 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:30 am

Very interesting league, I would lean to go towards Cam Newton, my only reservation is that if you look at year 2 QBs or QBs after a full year of starts, after a successful prior year, almost always Defenses learn their tendencies and year 2 can be a big let down - (Sam Bradford, Josh Freeman (year 3 QB but really only about a bit over a year of starts) it just seems that once their is tape on these guys and if they don't have a great supporting cast they sometimes struggle if their teams aren't good. The QBs that don't struggle in year 2 usually have a phenomenal Def to carry them or a great supporting cast (like a Stafford or Sanchez to some degree) or (Big Ben in his 2nd year) So if you have only have Cam Newton next year and lose him, I'm afraid you may be disappointed because I don't see the Panthers getting that much better on Def and Steve Smith will be a year older.
dawg17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby xpac » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:16 am

I too would go with Cam Newton, in fact if I played in a keeper league I would've drafted him this year (little did I know how quickly he was gonna pick up the pro game). But I think he's already borderline fantasy stud, just think of what he'll be able to do next year with a full offseason, workouts, and fully having command of his offense.
xpac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions