WHO TO START AT MY FLEX POSITION! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

WHO TO START AT MY FLEX POSITION! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

WHO TO START AT MY FLEX POSITION! WHIR

Postby madstork43 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:14 pm

I am in a 12 team PPR and have been hit with the bye week bug. I need to determine which of these players to start at my flex position...

WR - Harry Douglas (ATL)
WR - Kevin Walter (HOU)
RB - Ryan Grant (GB)
RB - Tim Hightower (WASH)

I dont particularly trust anyone in the Redskins backfield and with Grant splitting time with Starks and dealing with injuries, im not too confidentin the GB backfield either. With Andre Johnson out Walter is seeminling their #1 option with J. Jones close behind. The issue is Houston plays Baltimore this week and their lockout defense. Harry Douglas is an interesting play being that this is a PPR league and rookie WR, Julio Jones is out. I am hesitant to start Douglas sinec I have Roddy White as one of my starting WR's.

I need some serious insight on this one. Thanks in advance. WHIR
madstork43
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WHO TO START AT MY FLEX POSITION! WHIR

Postby Pl3onner » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Yeah you are in a really hard spot, I'd start Grant. If GB starts winning, which is probable, they'll look to run out the clock and even with split time he'll still see a lot of touches.

Help me? viewtopic.php?t=503494
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rweiss73 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:38 pm

I might go Walter, then Grant.

viewtopic.php?t=503512
rweiss73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:23 pm

Grant is the better option this week. That St. Louis defense is just eminently beatable and you can't trust Hightower's workload. The WRs you have to choose from just aren't more appealing than Grant given the upside.

Help me?

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=503512&p=3376133#p3376133
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GTOon19Z » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:32 pm

Pl3onner wrote:Yeah you are in a really hard spot, I'd start Grant. If GB starts winning, which is probable, they'll look to run out the clock and even with split time he'll still see a lot of touches.

I agree here 100%.

The fact of the matter is, there is NO way (I think) Green Bay doesn't run up a nice lead on STL, and that bodes well for the RB's in GB. He ran with a purpose (and a fumble...LOL), and that should keep his usage at a good level. Walter had a pretty good game...against a terrible pass D. Baltimore is ANYTHING but that.

Good Luck!!!

Help me out pls,

viewtopic.php?t=503541
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Sticky Fingers » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:58 pm

GTOon19Z wrote:
Pl3onner wrote:Yeah you are in a really hard spot, I'd start Grant. If GB starts winning, which is probable, they'll look to run out the clock and even with split time he'll still see a lot of touches.

I agree here 100%.

The fact of the matter is, there is NO way (I think) Green Bay doesn't run up a nice lead on STL, and that bodes well for the RB's in GB. He ran with a purpose (and a fumble...LOL), and that should keep his usage at a good level. Walter had a pretty good game...against a terrible pass D. Baltimore is ANYTHING but that.

Good Luck!!!

My thoughts exactly!

mine
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=503240
Sticky Fingers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 36)

Return to Who to Start/Bench