Week 6 Who To Start!!! Help please, WHIR!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 6 Who To Start!!! Help please, WHIR!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 6 Who To Start!!! Help please, WHIR!!!

Postby GTOon19Z » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:12 pm

Hello all,

I have a quick question about this upcoming week, I am having difficulty choosing who to start!!
I am in a 12-team PPR League. This is what my roster looks like:

RB:
Ray Rice (Starting)
Matt Forte (Starting)
Cedric Benson (Possible W/R??)
Mike Tolbert (BYE)
Joseph Addai (Probably Inactive)

WR:
Stevie Johnson (Starting)
Reggie Wayne (Possible WR - W/R??)
Brandon Marshall (Possible WR - W/R??)
Marques Colston (Possible WR - W/R??)
Mario Manningham (Possible WR - W/R??)

I need one more WR, and one W/R (flex)...

Thoughts??

Also, just wondering if I should target jackie Battle, as he is on the WW, and my Flex spot for week 7 looks grim (Stevie J, Benson, Manningham on bye/Tolbert VS NYJ/Addai hurting/Reggie Wayne = ?!?!)

As always, WHIR GUYS, THANKS!!!!
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 6 Who To Start!!! Help please, WHIR!!!

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:16 pm

I would go with Benson at flex even in a PPR. He's a workhorse and a threat for 100 and a TD every week. At WR, I would actually bench Stevie and go with Wayne and Marshall. I know Donald Jones is out and I know Wayne and Marshall haven't been producing like you would have hoped, but Stevie has been inconsistent of late himself and I think I would easily bet that if two out of the three guys on that list will have 5 catches it will be Wayne and Marshall.

Help me?

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=503512&p=3376133#p3376133
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby madstork43 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:42 pm

I would go with Marshall and Benson. Benson is solid and Moore isnt much of a step down from Henne and he and Marshall have had some extra time to connect over the bye.

Benson and Marshall for sure.

Thanks for the help.
madstork43
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mshab61 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Benson at FLEX for sure and for some reason I like Manningham going up against the Bills secondary that ranks near the bottom of the league giving up 283 yards per game.
mshab61
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Steeler » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Benson for sure. And I'm leaning towards Marshall. I'm -very- worried about the QB situation with the Dolphins and Marshall stranded on Revis Island this week, but I'd still start him over the other options you have there.
Steeler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GTOon19Z » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:19 pm

It seems to me you all are pretty set on having Benson as my flex. Not that I don't trust your reasoning, but as for my curious nature, why? LOL

I know IND's run D is not good, but does it outweigh any of the other receivers on my roster? (Colston is going against a D that got DESTROYED BY ALEX SMITH. SMH)

Thoughts??

also, what about this jackie Battle business...should I buy in?!?!?

Thanks for all of your help so far!!!!!
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sticky Fingers » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Go with Benson at flex. He had 24 carries against a tough Jaguar defense. I know he only gained 53 yards but at least we know the Bengals are committed to run the ball. He should have a much easier day against the Colts and if he gets at least 20 carries again he should put up great numbers.

At WR2 I would not go with Marshall with Matt Moore at QB facing the Jets pass D. I would go with Colston against the Bucs ranked 21 against the pass plus he has 1 of the best QBs in the league throwing the ball.

Battle had 1 good week against the Colts defense. Thats not saying much. I dont see KC being in many close games where they will be able to use the run game effectively except for week 9 & 10 against the Dolphins and Broncos. All the rest could be blowouts early and the run game become non-existent. If you want to take a chance on him in hopes he can do you some good, who would you drop?
Sticky Fingers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 36)

Postby ClickClak2 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:30 pm

I'll agree with most and go Benson for flex.. As for your WR I'd go Colston. I'd avoid Marshall and Moore and Revis island at all costs..
-CC2
ClickClak2
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby GTOon19Z » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:13 pm

Sticky Fingers wrote:Go with Benson at flex. He had 24 carries against a tough Jaguar defense. I know he only gained 53 yards but at least we know the Bengals are committed to run the ball. He should have a much easier day against the Colts and if he gets at least 20 carries again he should put up great numbers.

At WR2 I would not go with Marshall with Matt Moore at QB facing the Jets pass D. I would go with Colston against the Bucs ranked 21 against the pass plus he has 1 of the best QBs in the league throwing the ball.

Battle had 1 good week against the Colts defense. Thats not saying much. I dont see KC being in many close games where they will be able to use the run game effectively except for week 9 & 10 against the Dolphins and Broncos. All the rest could be blowouts early and the run game become non-existent. If you want to take a chance on him in hopes he can do you some good, who would you drop?

The only person i would realistically be able to drop would be Addai, and I'm hesitant to even do that...
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby HuskSparty » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:29 pm

I would go with Colston and Benson. If Benson gets 20+ carries he'll have the opportunity to shred the colts. Colston is a gamble, but if he's keyed on by Brees then he'll be bank. Now the whole thing with dropping someone for Battle. That's a worry as Battle is flavor of the week material and only shredded a porous Colts D. This happens every year with Indy, they just make backs look good.
HuskSparty
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench