Flex Help: Garcon or D. Thomas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Flex Help: Garcon or D. Thomas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Flex Help: Garcon or D. Thomas

Postby bbroydri » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Garcon @ Cincy
Daniel Thomas @ NYJ
bbroydri
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Flex Help: Garcon or D. Thomas

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Considering Thomas is coming off of an injury and not incredibly proven in the first place, I just don't think you can consider benching a scalding hot Garcon for him. I don't know if Garcon is going to be a great fantasy player going forward, but this is the kind of hot streak you just don't mess with. He has to be in your lineup.

Help me?

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=503512&p=3376133#p3376133
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Flex Help: Garcon or D. Thomas

Postby GTOon19Z » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:29 pm

To me, this is a tougher decision than it seems...

Thomas will be back in action against a defense that has been, well, suspect as of late. Their run defense showed no vital signs against a mediocre running back last week (The Law Firm). Thomas will most likely get about 20 touches in the game, which based on his averages, goes for about 80yds, and a potential TD. He is coming back from the ever-dreadful hamstring injury, and that scares me a bit.

Garcon on the other hand, has been riding a nice streak. Now, two weeks ago, he only had two catches. Granted, they both went for TD's, but he has been the beneficiary of busted coverage. I'm not saying he is not a gifted athlete, but shame on you if you don' catch the ball (and score) when there is no defender within 15 yards of you. I do also know he made some great catches this past week against KC, but the thing that worries me the most is Cincy's D. They are NO pushover. If I'm not mistaken, they rank inside the top 5 for both pass D and run D.

I honestly think you go Thomas here. I may be wrong, but that is what my gut is telling me.

Good Luck!!

Help me out pls,

viewtopic.php?t=503541
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench