Help me make a trade WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help me make a trade WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help me make a trade WHIR

Postby jetzman51 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:53 pm

I have 2 Tes and 2 Wrs who have a bye week next week so im trying to trade Vernon Davis this week while he has high stock and I have Hernandez as a back up. The dude who wants him has a so so roster and im not sure who to trade for. I like Daniel Thomas but i think Davis for Thomas is to much. not sure what to try for

His Roster My Roster
QB Tom Brady Matt Stafford
Rb Jahvid Best Jones-Drew
Green-Ellis Steven Jackson
Daniel Thomas Felix Jones
WR Santonio Holmes Hakeem Nicks
Brandon Marshall Jeremy Maclin
TE Jermain Gresham Vernon Davis

Bench Cutler, Nate Washington Tebow, Jackie Battle, Heyward Bey, Aaron hernandez, Andre Johnson
Mike Thomas Fred davis Steven Ridley
jetzman51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 130
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 5 Oct 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help me make a trade WHIR

Postby ceche004 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:10 pm

tough trade, if you have depth at TE I would personally take a daniel thomas. I might wait till next week though to see how he does against the jets. Not sure if i trust the hammy.
ceche004
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 18
Joined: 6 Sep 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help me make a trade WHIR

Postby schmidty » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:34 pm

It would help to see the other guy's bench. And I don't know about others, but your "His roster My roster" layout is hard on my eyes to take in - just listing out the teams one after the other is easier for me to follow.

It depends on the other guy's bench options at RB and WR. BJGE seems banged up at the moment - at might be a tough sell to get Thomas at the moment. If it was my team, I certainly wouldn't want to do it just to upgrade Gresham to VDavis. Maybe try to buy low on Marshall (who gets his bye out of the way this week) with VDavis plus one of your WRs (not Nicks or AJ obviously)?
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 844
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 6 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help me make a trade WHIR

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:40 pm

schmidty wrote:It would help to see the other guy's bench. And I don't know about others, but your "His roster My roster" layout is hard on my eyes to take in - just listing out the teams one after the other is easier for me to follow.

It depends on the other guy's bench options at RB and WR. BJGE seems banged up at the moment - at might be a tough sell to get Thomas at the moment. If it was my team, I certainly wouldn't want to do it just to upgrade Gresham to VDavis. Maybe try to buy low on Marshall (who gets his bye out of the way this week) with VDavis plus one of your WRs (not Nicks or AJ obviously)?


Yeah but I doubt he really wants Marshall now with the QB change. I know I wouldnt...
Image
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12517
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 9 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the bushes outside Matt Millens house

Re: Help me make a trade WHIR

Postby schmidty » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:53 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
schmidty wrote:It would help to see the other guy's bench. And I don't know about others, but your "His roster My roster" layout is hard on my eyes to take in - just listing out the teams one after the other is easier for me to follow.

It depends on the other guy's bench options at RB and WR. BJGE seems banged up at the moment - at might be a tough sell to get Thomas at the moment. If it was my team, I certainly wouldn't want to do it just to upgrade Gresham to VDavis. Maybe try to buy low on Marshall (who gets his bye out of the way this week) with VDavis plus one of your WRs (not Nicks or AJ obviously)?


Yeah but I doubt he really wants Marshall now with the QB change. I know I wouldnt...


I keep hearing that. But it's not like his QB was someone like Peyton, Brady, or Brees ... it was Henne. I think that big physical WRs like Marshall tend to "get theirs" regardless of QB play - at least to a much greater extent than smaller speedy WRs like SSmith or DJax (who need a QB that can chuck it down the field). If the cost was VDavis (plus a bench WR), I'd want the Marshall side (if I already had Hernandez).
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 844
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 6 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help me make a trade WHIR

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:56 pm

schmidty wrote:
latsprewell20002000 wrote:
schmidty wrote:It would help to see the other guy's bench. And I don't know about others, but your "His roster My roster" layout is hard on my eyes to take in - just listing out the teams one after the other is easier for me to follow.

It depends on the other guy's bench options at RB and WR. BJGE seems banged up at the moment - at might be a tough sell to get Thomas at the moment. If it was my team, I certainly wouldn't want to do it just to upgrade Gresham to VDavis. Maybe try to buy low on Marshall (who gets his bye out of the way this week) with VDavis plus one of your WRs (not Nicks or AJ obviously)?


Yeah but I doubt he really wants Marshall now with the QB change. I know I wouldnt...


I keep hearing that. But it's not like his QB was someone like Peyton, Brady, or Brees ... it was Henne. I think that big physical WRs like Marshall tend to "get theirs" regardless of QB play - at least to a much greater extent than smaller speedy WRs like SSmith or DJax (who need a QB that can chuck it down the field). If the cost was VDavis (plus a bench WR), I'd want the Marshall side (if I already had Hernandez).


Yeah and that proves my point even more. He was HENNE'S backup. As in not as good as Henne.....
Image
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12517
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 9 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the bushes outside Matt Millens house

Re: Help me make a trade WHIR

Postby jetzman51 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:35 pm

sorry i had the rosters spaced out but it got rid of the spaces when i posted it i guess. Thanks for the help
jetzman51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 130
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 5 Oct 2011
Home Cafe: Football


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:11 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact