Help me make a trade WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help me make a trade WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help me make a trade WHIR

Postby jetzman51 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:53 pm

I have 2 Tes and 2 Wrs who have a bye week next week so im trying to trade Vernon Davis this week while he has high stock and I have Hernandez as a back up. The dude who wants him has a so so roster and im not sure who to trade for. I like Daniel Thomas but i think Davis for Thomas is to much. not sure what to try for

His Roster My Roster
QB Tom Brady Matt Stafford
Rb Jahvid Best Jones-Drew
Green-Ellis Steven Jackson
Daniel Thomas Felix Jones
WR Santonio Holmes Hakeem Nicks
Brandon Marshall Jeremy Maclin
TE Jermain Gresham Vernon Davis

Bench Cutler, Nate Washington Tebow, Jackie Battle, Heyward Bey, Aaron hernandez, Andre Johnson
Mike Thomas Fred davis Steven Ridley
jetzman51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help me make a trade WHIR

Postby ceche004 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:10 pm

tough trade, if you have depth at TE I would personally take a daniel thomas. I might wait till next week though to see how he does against the jets. Not sure if i trust the hammy.
ceche004
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby schmidty » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:34 pm

It would help to see the other guy's bench. And I don't know about others, but your "His roster My roster" layout is hard on my eyes to take in - just listing out the teams one after the other is easier for me to follow.

It depends on the other guy's bench options at RB and WR. BJGE seems banged up at the moment - at might be a tough sell to get Thomas at the moment. If it was my team, I certainly wouldn't want to do it just to upgrade Gresham to VDavis. Maybe try to buy low on Marshall (who gets his bye out of the way this week) with VDavis plus one of your WRs (not Nicks or AJ obviously)?
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:40 pm

schmidty wrote:It would help to see the other guy's bench. And I don't know about others, but your "His roster My roster" layout is hard on my eyes to take in - just listing out the teams one after the other is easier for me to follow.

It depends on the other guy's bench options at RB and WR. BJGE seems banged up at the moment - at might be a tough sell to get Thomas at the moment. If it was my team, I certainly wouldn't want to do it just to upgrade Gresham to VDavis. Maybe try to buy low on Marshall (who gets his bye out of the way this week) with VDavis plus one of your WRs (not Nicks or AJ obviously)?

Yeah but I doubt he really wants Marshall now with the QB change. I know I wouldnt...
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby schmidty » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:53 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
schmidty wrote:It would help to see the other guy's bench. And I don't know about others, but your "His roster My roster" layout is hard on my eyes to take in - just listing out the teams one after the other is easier for me to follow.

Yeah but I doubt he really wants Marshall now with the QB change. I know I wouldnt...

I keep hearing that. But it's not like his QB was someone like Peyton, Brady, or Brees ... it was Henne. I think that big physical WRs like Marshall tend to "get theirs" regardless of QB play - at least to a much greater extent than smaller speedy WRs like SSmith or DJax (who need a QB that can chuck it down the field). If the cost was VDavis (plus a bench WR), I'd want the Marshall side (if I already had Hernandez).
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:56 pm

schmidty wrote:
latsprewell20002000 wrote:

I keep hearing that. But it's not like his QB was someone like Peyton, Brady, or Brees ... it was Henne. I think that big physical WRs like Marshall tend to "get theirs" regardless of QB play - at least to a much greater extent than smaller speedy WRs like SSmith or DJax (who need a QB that can chuck it down the field). If the cost was VDavis (plus a bench WR), I'd want the Marshall side (if I already had Hernandez).

Yeah and that proves my point even more. He was HENNE'S backup. As in not as good as Henne.....
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jetzman51 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:35 pm

sorry i had the rosters spaced out but it got rid of the spaces when i posted it i guess. Thanks for the help
jetzman51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions