RB Help, Pick 2 (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

RB Help, Pick 2 (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB Help, Pick 2 (WHIR)

Postby jrice20 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:34 am

I've got Forte at RB1, need 2 of these 4 for RB2 and RB3.

Mendenhall (Jacksonville)

Best (San Fran)

Starks (Stl)

Green-Ellis (Dallas)

Standard scoring league, no PPR. Thanks in advance for the help and post your thread so I can help you!!
jrice20
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB Help, Pick 2 (WHIR)

Postby Alphabits » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:53 am

I'd go with BJG and Mendenhall if he's given the green light, if not Best. Starks is last on my list to start in a non-PPR league.
Alphabits
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby jblaze102 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:57 am

Nah.. New England's backfield is too unsure of a thing. It always is. Not to mention Dallas is giving up only 61 yds/game and only 1TD on the ground this season.

Mendy has been playin so cold thus far this season I suppose that could be chalked up to his injury but personally I rather like to play guys who show me that "eye of the tiger."

Jahvid Best definitely has the eye of the tiger right now but unfortunately he's going against one of the toughest run D's in the league this week. One thing is absolutely certain though... SF will not be stacking the box against Matt Stafford and Megatron so there will be room to run and at worst he's pretty good at catching passes out of the backfield so worst case scenario he'll still get you receiving yardage. Best should be one of the RB's you play this week.

Green Bay's O-line took a major hit last week losing Chad Clifton. This will undoubtedly affect the run-game however St Louis is the 2nd worst rushing defense in the league. If you really want my honest opinion I think Aaron Rodgers is more likely to see the rushing TD than Starks. With all that being said, I would suggest...

Jahvid Best & Mendenhall
jblaze102
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby erictek » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:58 am

I would go with Best and Green-Ellis.

New England is moving toward a more balance offense. Green Ellis just had a career game and NE is going to give him the balls around 20 times to milk his hot streak.

I go with Best because I think Detroit is going to jump on SF early and keep pounding the ball with Best. Ford Field is so loud that SF offense is going to have a lot of problems which means more time for Stafford and the guys to go to work.

Mendenhall is going to suit up but he's probably not going to play.

GB offense is all about air attacks. Starks has to share his carries with Grant who is not the same after his knee injury. If you dont have a choice, I guess then you would start Starks, but I wouldnt do that when I have Jarvid Best or Green Ellis.

And yes, this is my first post. TY for reading.
erictek
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby jblaze102 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:58 am

erictek wrote:New England is moving toward a more balance offense. Green Ellis just had a career game and NE is going to give him the balls around 20 times to milk his hot streak.

They can give him the ball all they want. He's still going to be held to less than 50 yards. Just like Frank Gore was. Just Like Jahvid Best was. Ladainian Tomlinson and Shonne Greene couldn't even hang 30 yards combined on the Cowboys. There is a reason that Dallas is ranked #1 rushing defense; because you cannot run on them.

erictek wrote:Mendenhall is going to suit up but he's probably not going to play.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pitt ... -go-101311

Oh by the way... Welcome to the Cafe! :)
jblaze102
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby sabomnim » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:57 am

mendy and best

after last week, people are gonna try to stop ben, and with mendy just coming off injury then may underrate him leaving him room to un
and tho SF D is tough, hes ur next best consistent option

please help me
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=503670
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Return to Who to Start/Bench