Huge Trade!! WHIR Always - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Huge Trade!! WHIR Always

Moderator: Football Moderators

Huge Trade!! WHIR Always

Postby mrjack81 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:35 am

Ok guys...12 team league, .5 ppr, 6 for all tds. start qb, 2rbs, 2wrs, flex, te, dst, k. My current roster is as follows
QB-Eli Manning
RB-Ray Rice, Beanie Wells, Stevan Ridley, Bernard Scott, Jackie Battle
WR-Jennings, Fitgerald, M. Williams TB, Julio Jones, James Jones
TE-Witten, gresham
k-dan bailey
dst-steelers

The trade is I give Ray Rice, Jennings and Fitgerald....I receive Matt Stafford, Calvin, Deangelo williams and daniel thomas. What do you guys thinK??? WHIR Always
mrjack81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Huge Trade!! WHIR Always

Postby mrjack81 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:35 pm

bump....I don't think this trade is too outlandish to accept. Any opinions would be appreciated.
mrjack81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:47 pm

Ray Rice, Jennings and Fitgerald
I'd take this the quality side over the quantity side.
Remember, Eli consistently puts up top 10 QB numbers despite what people say about him.

Stafford and Megatron would be buying high. Theoretically you are cancelling one of your stud WR sent out with Megatron. Rice is better than a combo of a rookie might be a feature back and a #1 back who doesn't get #1 production or touches.

I understand you are concerned about your RB core.
You have two good ones: Ray Rice, Beanie Wells
You have another sneaky starter: Battle
And two flex plays with one having temp value in Scott and Ridley.
I know it would be nice to have one more quality startable RB.

IMO your team is very solid the way it is. Provided you have no injuries you should be great. I would drop James Jones for a backup QB if you are concerned about your QB situation for depth. What is available?
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ATLbraves » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:49 pm

I honestly would hold tight here. Ray Rice is the best RB in PPR leagues, and Eli is still valuable since he will throw for a lot of yards and TD's. If they would give DeAngelo more carries then this trade would be more enticing, but with the way the Panthers are running their backfield he has little value.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=503786
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrjack81 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:53 pm

Thanks for the input...I'm not really concerned about eli as much as I am how putrid the Arizona offense looks. And I just feel as though Jennings is not a pillar of health as well as beanie. If this is a league where I want to play to win...I mean really play to win. This is a trade that I feel does it for me. I could also look to trade eli and a flex guy for another quality WR or RB. I Just never take shots and I really am tempted with this one. Thanks again though for the insight. I also feel like d-will is gonna keep getting into space and maybe some more passes his way as well.
mrjack81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mrjack81 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:00 am

bump...does anyone think this is a good trade for me??
mrjack81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:46 am

I know you are fishing around for some folks that say this is a good trade, but its just not. You give up too much and in return get two buy high guys. Calvin especially. The Lions schedule gets MUCH harder from here on out.

I think Eli and Stafford almost cancel each other out. You lose when trading Jennings/Fitz for Calvin.

And you lose when trading Rice for Deangelo/Thomas. This is the part of the trade I dont like. Before last weeks game, you could not give Deangelo away. For a couple years now this guy has been garbage. Thomas looks good but Miami has QB problems, and Thomas is still a rookie, and an injured one atm at that.

If the trade was something like Eli/Jennings/Fitz for Stafford/Calvin then I might go the other way.

I just see the problem, if there is one, on your team being the lack of RBs, trading Rice away only makes that worse.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions