Keeper League and Trading Draft Picks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Keeper League and Trading Draft Picks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League and Trading Draft Picks

Postby NYG1119 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:05 am

I just started a 12-team PPR Keeper League and the stipulation is that you can only keep 2 players but they have to be a different position so you can't stockpile.

What I'm unsure of is what exactly is the rule for the next year's draft. Because the roster size is 16, does that mean the draft is now 14 rounds or do you forfeit the round that you keep your player at.

For ex. If I keep Greg Jennings and Tom Brady, who I got in Round 2 and 3 respectively, does that mean if every other team keeps a 1st rounder that I would have the 1st pick in the draft???

And as well with trading draft picks...If I offer someone a 3rd and a 6th for a 1st, how would that work because then the other guy would have a 17-team roster which is over the limit.

If someone can explain the whole keeper league process in the Year 2 draft I would appreciate it.
NYG1119
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper League and Trading Draft Picks

Postby NYG1119 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:16 pm

Anyone have a clue?
NYG1119
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby myke612 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 pm

The way our league does it is if you keep your 2nd round pick from the year before, you lose your 2nd round pick in that draft. So at next years draft when your 2nd round pick comes up, Jennings is slotted there. So if everyone else kept their first round pick except you, you would have the first pick. If you kept a 15th and 16th rounder, you would have your first 14 picks and lose your last 2.
myke612
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby NYG1119 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Oh okay but how would you set that up, cause I read that the standard is whatever the number of keepers, that's the number of rounds that are on auto-select. So if 3 keepers, the first 3 rounds are all auto-pick keepers regardless of when selected last year.

Also with trades...anyone know how it works because how can you offer someone a 3rd for a 7th and 8th when that would exceed the roster limit, and also how would you trade draft picks...Where would you see the option to do that?

Thanks
NYG1119
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby myke612 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Im not sure online. We always do an offline draft so say you kept Brady and he was your 2nd round pick last year, when you 2nd round pick comes up next year, Brady would just be slotted there.
myke612
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Beginner's Forum