Trade Rules Question - Quick response needed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Rules Question - Quick response needed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Rules Question - Quick response needed

Postby pack4life » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:02 pm

So i was proposed a trade in which I would receive Brandon Marshall and i would give up James Starks.

So I like the trade and I am going to accept but I have some questions about the rules before I trade.

Basically here's the dilemna, I'd prefer to keep Starks this week since he is playing against the Rams (need him as a bye week filler) as opposed to starting Marshall this week since he is going against Revis Island.

My league has a 48 hour review period. The question I have is, what happens if I accept the trade and it passes the 48 hour review period during the middle of the games? I can't wait too long to accept since the offer expries October 15th at 1:22am ET.

Brandon Marshall plays the late Sunday night game and James Starks the early Sunday game. So let's say I approve the trade in 3 hours, which at that time the Packers will be finished and the Dolphins game will have yet to start, what is going to happen if Starks is in my starting lineup? Will I still get his points for this week?

I also don't want to put the other guy in a real bad position by him losing Brandon Marshall right before the game starts and not being able to use James Starks either since he already played...am i better off waiting to approve until 1am ET so that both players have already played their games?

Any help is appreciated, like i said, i want Starks this week but I also don't want to do it so that the other guy has no options either.
pack4life
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Rules Question - Quick response needed

Postby demon22 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:06 pm

I have no idea. I would ask your league commissioner how something like that works. I think the 48 hour period rule is kind of dumb. All of my trades get pushed through as soon as the commissioner approves them, so I'm not sure how your specific trade will work out.
demon22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)

Re: Trade Rules Question - Quick response needed

Postby moochieh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:11 pm

I am fairly sure if you accept at like 1:10 AM tonight, Starks will lock into your lineup as long as he plays a 1:05 game sunday and the trade won't be processed until the next week. I am not positive, but it makes sense in my opinion. I am actually trading these guys in my topic too, input would be appreciated!

posting.php?mode=post&f=18
moochieh
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions