HELP! Drop Fitzpatrick for Tebow??? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

HELP! Drop Fitzpatrick for Tebow??? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

HELP! Drop Fitzpatrick for Tebow??? WHIR

Postby rclement3915 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:29 pm

My QB situation is:
Big Ben
Ryan Fitz
(peyton manning on IR)

Fitz was an add after week 1,and has produced some decent games early in the year...but has produced 2 average-below average weeks in a row for me. After benching Ben's 5 TD performance last week, Bens likely going to be the starter again weekly barring a terrible matchup.

My question is...should i keep Fitz??? or roll the dice on Tebow, whos upside as a runner brings alot of potential as well for points.

I get 1 pt for every 30yds passing, .5 pts per completion, 4 pts passing TD, 1 pt 10 yds rushing, 6 pt rushing TD...bonus points for over 300yds passing.

will help in return to anyone leaving a link...thanks
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Re: HELP! Drop Fitzpatrick for Tebow??? WHIR

Postby rclement3915 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:30 pm

note: i can only have 2 QB on my roster... so i have no other options of adding tebow w/o dropping fitz.
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby mrjack81 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:41 pm

I don't think you can get rid of Fitzpatrick yet. That offense has not proven stagnant yet, so keep rollin with him. Ultimately it is up to you....Maybe try to move Big Ben or Fitz before picking up tebow to uprgrade somewhere else. You could get a really nice RB or WR for Fitz no prob. Good luck and help with mine if you can. viewtopic.php?t=503663
mrjack81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SEAfense71 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:42 pm

I don't like Tebow as much as Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick hasn't thrown for as many touchdowns the past few weeks as he did in the beginning, but a lot of that is because they've been using Fred Jackson and the ground game more. You have two good quarterback options, I wouldn't drop one of them for an unproven quarterback on a bad team (that's as likely to run as he is to pass). Running quarterbacks don't last long (see: Vick, Young, T. Jackson, etc). I like Tebow's potential too, and he could be successful, but Fitzpatrick has proven it on a much better team.
Last edited by SEAfense71 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SEAfense71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jaymcculley » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:43 pm

keep fitz
jaymcculley
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby ATLbraves » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:44 pm

mrjack81 wrote:I don't think you can get rid of Fitzpatrick yet. That offense has not proven stagnant yet, so keep rollin with him. Ultimately it is up to you....Maybe try to move Big Ben or Fitz before picking up tebow to uprgrade somewhere else. You could get a really nice RB or WR for Fitz no prob. Good luck and help with mine if you can. viewtopic.php?t=503663

I agree, you can't drop Fitz just yet. I would attempt to trade one of your other QB's so you can clear up a roster spot and get Tebow. But it wouldn't be a smart move to drop Fitz straight up for Tebow imo.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=503786
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bricox171 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:09 am

You cant just drop QB's like Fitz. With the way his situation is panning out, he is a must start each week, depending on the situation of course. I do think Big Ben should be your starter from here on out because his team is finally starting to get healthy and that o-line is starting to come around. I would at least try to trade Fitz first. Your obviously gonna look for the team in your league that may have drafted Henne or has Orton and needs an upgrade. You can easily get a solid RB/WR2 for him. Someone like Felix Jones, Shonn Greene, hell even an owner that is frustrated with D-Will... WR-J. Nelson, Julio Jones, Santana Moss, etc...

Ya gotta at least shop him around first IF you want Tebow... I like Tebow and I have a feeling he will do fine BUT what if he doesnt?? Then your stuck with a dud backup QB....
bricox171
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:35 am

ATLbraves wrote:
mrjack81 wrote:I don't think you can get rid of Fitzpatrick yet. That offense has not proven stagnant yet, so keep rollin with him. Ultimately it is up to you....Maybe try to move Big Ben or Fitz before picking up tebow to uprgrade somewhere else. You could get a really nice RB or WR for Fitz no prob. Good luck and help with mine if you can. viewtopic.php?t=503663

I agree, you can't drop Fitz just yet. I would attempt to trade one of your other QB's so you can clear up a roster spot and get Tebow. But it wouldn't be a smart move to drop Fitz straight up for Tebow imo.

Yeah this is what im thinking too. I mean Tebow is the backup to Orton for a reason. Hes not a QB. Denver is going to run I'd bet 80 percent of the time now. Willis, Willis, Tebow, PUNT....
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Nemo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:02 am

I'd keep Fitz as well. I'm not a believer in Tebow. There's no way we can say Ben is reliable yet and obviously we can't say Tebow is either. At least with Fitz he is never going to be a bad play. But if you're not crazy about him and want to run with Ben as your starter I think now is a great time to shop him. Bye week coming up and then Washington who has been tough against QBs. Hard to say if Tebow would still be there by the time you made a deal, but I think you can get better value for Fitz in a trade than picking up Tebow.

Mine
viewtopic.php?t=503870
Nemo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions