Meachem for Shonn Greene - take it? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Meachem for Shonn Greene - take it?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Meachem for Shonn Greene - take it?

Postby Nemo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:37 am

Have been offered Meachem for Greene. I haven't been playing Greene often and my WRs are turning into a bit of a mess. His other WRs are Jennings, AJ Green, Colston, & Little. Would you do the Meachem deal or ask for any of his other WRs? Not sure of Greene's worth these days.

12 team
1QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, K, D

QB - Brady, Cutler
WR - V. Jackson, B. Marshall, J. Jones, Heyward-Bey, Torrey Smith,
RB - McFadden, F. Jones, S. Greene, McGahee
TE - Daniels, Keller
K - Hanson
D - SDG, WAS
Nemo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Meachem for Shonn Greene - take it?

Postby mjones0712 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:05 am

I think I would hold onto Greene...not sure Meachem is enough of an upgrade for you. When I trade a WR for RB, I want to make sure the WR is worth more than the RB. I think you could find a waiver wire WR and keep Greene. David Nelson, Doug Baldwin, Early Doucet are some names that come to mind.

Last week Greene got more carries than any time this season. I think NYJ will give him 20+ carries going forward, keeping the ball out of Sanchez's hands.

Thanks for answering mine
mjones0712
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nemo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks, I hear ya. I'm not high on Meachem going forward. Thinking about countering for AJ Green . . .
Nemo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bricox171 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Nemo wrote:Thanks, I hear ya. I'm not high on Meachem going forward. Thinking about countering for AJ Green . . .

Greene is finally in a good situation. I dont think people understood how important Mangold was to this team...

NYJ's offense thrives off running the ball... we all know they cant rely on Sanchez to win the games for them. With Mangold back, they can finally lean on Greene a little more and take the pressure off Sanchez. Greene + Felix is a good combo at your RB2 spot... watch McGahee's value diminish with Tebow taking the helm. Yea, I know a lot of people hate him but the truth of it is, Tebow is going to run the ball and take some goalline carries. I'd be actively trying to move McGahee...

I dont like any receivers in NO... Brees spreads the ball around so much that its hit or miss on how is going to have the big game. Only Colston is startable on a weekly basis and even that is a stretch.

Keep Greene... move McGahee while his value is at its peak.. trade for a solid WR such as Santana Moss or J. Nelson
bricox171
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Torrey Smith drop him for an upside play.

DO NOT DEAL GREENE FOR MEACHEM!
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions