Should I disallow this trade??? fair??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Should I disallow this trade??? fair???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I disallow this trade??? fair???

Postby archstanton12 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:17 am

Team A Gets:

Chris Johnson
B. Tate

Team B Gets:

J. Best
E. Manning
P. Harvin

This would be team A's starting roster

Stafford

Foster
C. Johnson
A. Bradshaw

R. White
V. Jackson
A.J. Green

J. Graham
B. Pettigrew
archstanton12
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I disallow this trade??? fair???

Postby bounce » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Absolutely not. Totally fair trade. Best/Manning are legit starters. Only veto if it's cheating, not because a team is getting what you think to be a better deal, or building too strong of a team. It's not your job to manage the teams.
bounce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Rrolack » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Nothing wrong with this trade at all.
Rrolack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby D-backsFan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:06 am

What makes you question this trade in the first place?
D-backsFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:41 am

I think we should have a sticky (and maybe locked?) thread in this forum for "When to Veto a Trade". When you look at the number of people that ask these questions, how many more don't ask? Maybe we could be preventing Commish injustices around the world if we had a thread dedicated to Trade Vetoes.

Collusion. If you can't prove it is collusion, or unless all the other league members agree it appears to be collusion - DON'T VETO THE TRADE. As a Commish, it is not your job to manage other owner's teams. Your ONLY job as Commish is to manage which owners you have in your league. If you have owners you can't trust or who always make awful trades, replace them. Otherwise, let owners manage their teams and you manage yours. Stay out of their business.

A trade like this one, I'm not even sure who is getting the better deal. Team A is getting a currently underachieving one year wonder and a handcuff (albeit a good one) - Team B (who I assume is dealing with injury and needs bodies) is getting three bonefide starters that I'm guessing will upgrade his lineup at 3 different positions. Why would you even consider punishing either or both of these owners by vetoing such a trade? I would venture to guess Team B prior to this trade could not even field a full healthy lineup.

Questions like these over and over every season really get me going. Not so much upset, but I just don't understand what the logic is to question a trade like that which is clearly not collusion, but also not remotely lopsided. The only eyes that appears unfair to is the other one or two good teams in the league who now see two other teams get better. And to veto a trade because now your team won't be the best anymore? That's just poor sportsmanship.

(Disclaimer: I'm not as upset about this as I'm sure it sounds, but I just watched my Brewers butcher a playoff series, so I'm easy to set off right now...)
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Commissioner's Corner