Stafford/Fitzpatrick trade WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Stafford/Fitzpatrick trade WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stafford/Fitzpatrick trade WHIR

Postby drhanl » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:43 pm

League Scoring: 6 pts per passing TD, ppr, otherwise standard. 12 team league. I am currently 4-1, but believe I need a top level QB to win this league.

I have been offered Stafford and S. Ridley for Fitzpatrick and Sproles. I think both Fitz and Sproles are sell high candidates. This dramatically improves me at QB. If Hightower gets starter carries, I am fine. Plus, I can start S. Holmes at flex if I need. But, I fear Stafford making it through the season healthy. And, I know that with my current team I can easily make the playoffs because of my depth. If I make this deal, my depth takes a major hit, but I have higher ceiling.

Take the deal?

My team:

QB: Fitzpatrick
RB: McCoy
RB: Bradshaw
Flex: Sproles
WR: Nicks
WR: S. Johnson
TE: Gonzo

Bench
Hightower
S. Holmes
J. Freeman
D. Clark
Bess
Bradford
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Stafford/Fitzpatrick trade WHIR

Postby Bushroot » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks for your help with mine. I don't like this trade. I agree that Fitz may be a sell-high, but I like what NO has done with Sproles and I think he will produce in the long term. Also, while Stafford is great, you're taking a gamble on Ridley. Considering you've performed well so far, I'd stand pat. If you're really worried about your QB situation, I'd try to fish for another deal or take a flier on Tebow if he's available.
Bushroot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wintermath » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:56 pm

I like the trade a lot! I think Fitz is a decent quarterback, but I think the weather he will soon have to contend with in Buffalo may turn that wagon into a Fred Jackson show.

I think Ridley has a lot of upside too.

I'd do it.
wintermath
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby SolvusAnima » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Thanks for help with mine!

Hm, I think that the trade is unnecessary, your team is damn solid right now. If you do make the trade, like you said, you're losing your depth. I'm not a fan of Hightower, not am I a fan of having a WR at the flex. Do your losses outweigh the benefits? I don't think so.

I wouldn't go for it.
SolvusAnima
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Postby bigpapasmurf » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:29 pm

Thanks for the help. I wouldn't take that trade either, especially with the game BJGE had last week Ridley's value is limited. I like the idea of gettin Tebow from your WW if possible, with his running ability and enthusiasm he has the potential to post numbers similar to Vick or Newton.
bigpapasmurf
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TaDa » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:51 pm

I LOVE Stafford. That being said, I HATE Belichick. The day you'd decide to start Ridley is the day that he'll get two carries for 3 yards. The offer is fair, but I just wouldn't do it. The Bills are playing some incredibly good football, so I wouldn't classify Fitzpatrick as a sell-high. He's a solid QB. I like Stafford better, but not at the expense of losing Sproles in my flex.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions