Trade collusion? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade collusion?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade collusion?

Postby peteypablo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:52 am

I play in an 8 team league that my wife asked me to play in. You have to start 3 WR (no flex) and she has Welker, Wallace, AJ Green, and Andre Johnson. You start 1 TE, and her tight ends are Dustin Keller and Dallas Clark.

I have WR's Roddy White, Julio Jones, Mike WIlliams (TB), and Brandon Marshall. My tight ends are Jimmy Graham and Jermichael Finley.

I offered her Jimmy Graham for Andre Johnson which to me seemed like a fair trade but the commissioner called us out saying it was skeptical and looked like collusion between husband and wife.

At first he said why would anyone trade for an injured player, but then he went on to say a TE is never worth a top WR. I assume he thinks the team getting Graham got ripped off somehow. In our scoring format, only 5 WRs have more points than Graham and Graham is the top scoring TE. He also said Graham is overrated because of who is throwing to him (Brees). I have no clue what that means in terms of fantasy football. Yeah Graham gets more points because his QB is Brees, he certainly isnt an overrated fantasy TE.

Am I missing something in this trade or is this commissioner just being a crybaby? I certainly didnt like being called out for collusion when I feel both teams benefit from the trade.
peteypablo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade collusion?

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:13 am

In any other league I would say it was a one sided deal for sure but I would not go as far to say collusion any way. However it seems like your scoring format does favor top 5 TEs which I believe Graham is apart of. Andre Johnson is hurt but part of the top 5 WRs that score more then TEs so I do believe that your wife got the better part of the deal but by a slight margin. Calling this collusion though it ridicules as the trade helps both teams like you said. I think you commish has made a mistake here and I think he may know it as well.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby c0megets0me » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:15 am

I wouldnt trade AJ for Graham but thats not to say its not fair. Graham has been putting up wr like numbers and your wife has plenty of wr depth and you have TE depth. The only reason its under the microscope is because its a husband and wife deal. That trade should not be vetoed. But I can see why someone would question any trade you make with your spouse.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby ahcryky » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:34 am

People need to get over it......... People will veto trades just to veto them or because they are bent out of shape because it may be a player that they wanted. The only thing that would seem bad about this trade is Johnson is hurt and not going to do anything for a while. In that case I think you could get more of a WR right now for someone who needs a TE and Graham is the stud of the moment.
ahcryky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:28 pm

Allow the deal. BTW have you heard the new Petey joint. What up?
Its tight.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions