Kitna - Top 10 QB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kitna - Top 10 QB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby emaja » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:07 pm

brdmaverick wrote:
emaja wrote:One or 2 games may mean a fluke. You are not a fluke if you put up solid numbers for a 13 game stretch.

while I agree with you, Kordell Stewart would be an exception to that rule.

Don't remind me. My beloved Bears gave him a healthy contract for that "fluke" year he had.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby latraffic » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:23 pm

Yooooo hooooo? Where is everyone? All those Kitna MVP voters? Hey, I admit, Kitna didn't throw as many INTs as I had thought he would - but then it is REALLY hard to throw when you're flat on your @ss most of the game. SIX SACKS! And those fumbles! Lovely. Simply lovely.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby emaja » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:33 pm

You can't count the sacks against Kitna, but 2 INT's and 2 fumbles is too much. He was facing a tough BAL "D" and everyone can have a rough day.

He's still a top 10 QB this year. I never thought he was the leading canidate for MVP anyway.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:33 pm

latraffic wrote:Yooooo hooooo? Where is everyone? All those Kitna MVP voters? Hey, I admit, Kitna didn't throw as many INTs as I had thought he would - but then it is REALLY hard to throw when you're flat on your @ss most of the game. SIX SACKS! And those fumbles! Lovely. Simply lovely.

Why does there always have to be some idiot who comes and waves a "look at me I was right flag" after one game. Yeah that one game invalidates the other 13 or 14 good games he had this season I guess.

You're just like all the William Green supporters who came and said, oh look he had 100 yards vs Pittsburgh we were right! Where are all those William Green fans now?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby latraffic » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:48 pm

True, I may be an idiot, but at least I'm a smart idiot who doesn't think a punk like Kitna is the next QB super stud. You still tellin' me he's a top ten QB and you will draft him that way next season? Ahead of McNabb? Bullsh*t. Now start thinking with your head and stop jumpin' on all the bandwagons, hero.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:48 pm

latraffic wrote:True, I may be an idiot, but at least I'm a smart idiot who doesn't think a punk like Kitna is the next QB super stud. You still tellin' me he's a top ten QB and you will draft him that way next season? Ahead of McNabb? Bullsh*t. Now start thinking with your head and stop jumpin' on all the bandwagons, hero.

I don't think you can count to ten. Even after one bad game against a tough D, Kitna is still obviously a top 10 QB. If not, then name 10 QB's better. You did earlier and I discredited more than half of them.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby altproject » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:53 pm

there was a comment earlier that kitna isn't a top 10 QB because no one should draft him as a top 10 QB next year. i agree that he might not be considered a top 10 QB on draft day next year (especially considering Palmer's sitting right behind him), but this year he is a top 10 QB. he has the numbers to back it up... his team is winning... and he has momentum going into the final few weeks of the season. anyone that can't see that is really short-sighted. at this point in time, there are maybe 5-7 QBs I'd rather have instead of him. pulling in an argument about his potential draft position for next year has nothing to do with what he's doing this year.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:54 pm

latraffic wrote:True, I may be an idiot, but at least I'm a smart idiot who doesn't think a punk like Kitna is the next QB super stud. You still tellin' me he's a top ten QB and you will draft him that way next season? Ahead of McNabb? Bullsh*t. Now start thinking with your head and stop jumpin' on all the bandwagons, hero.

If there's a bandwagon, I'm the teamster, not on the back trying to jump on. I've been talking about and defending Kitna since last season when they were still a losing team. Did I say I'd draft him over McNabb? No, so "think with your head" and stick with facts.

Vick
Culpepper
McNabb
Plummer
Manning
McNair
Bulger
Pennington
Hasselbeck

Those are the 9 guys I'd draft ahead of Kitna if I had a draft today. Can you make a strong argument for 6 other guys and push him out of the top 15? I doubt it.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby latraffic » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:22 pm

Feeling the love - 1, 2, 3, 7, 4, 9, ... uh... damn, he's right!

Okay - keeping this going - how do you measure what makes a great QB? Seriously. I suggested QB rating and got booed. I mentioned Division Leaders and heard about it. So now I'm asking you guys, who are so convinced the guy is worthy, what's got you sold? He's only won 7 games so I'm not buying that either.

Here's a question for the rest of ya reading along - how many of you guys are starting Kitna on your ff team next week?
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby altproject » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:50 pm

i agree with ghidra's list. that seems totally fair to me. i put kitna after those guys. by no means does that make him a "great" QB though. i usually reserve the word great for guys like elway, marino, etc. but yeah, he's a good QB and one that can put up good FF points and i think he fits in behind those listed above no prob.

btw, i am starting him this week.

what i think makes him a "good" QB this year (and only this year so far -- not speaking for next year), is his completion percentage, his TD/INT ratio, total yards passing, and yes, his QB rating. i didn't double-check all the numbers, but it's my understanding that he's in the top 10 among all QBs that still have a starting job in each of those four categories. on top of that, his team has a winning record. this doesn't mean he's great -- but like trent green, i think he's a steady, non-flashy, competent QB that's putting up good numbers this year. good enough to be a top 10 QB.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant