Kitna - Top 10 QB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kitna - Top 10 QB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:55 pm

I think I'd say Kitna is better than Plummer. Kitna doesn't have a RB like Portis to take the pressure of him.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:37 pm

My measure of a good QB game wise is a guy who can lead his team to victory. I had mentally made a few observations about the Bengals in general after the Oakland and Buffalo games. They still didn't know how to put a game away after having a lead, or come back on that last drive and win. Oh how that's changed the last 4-5 games. Sure, Pitt isn't a world beater this year, but their ability to move the ball down the field on their last possession and get the winning TD in a game that mattered spoke volumes to me. He certainly isn't an Elway or McNair, but he isn't a Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch either.

I'm not calling him the second coming of Elway or anything, but he needs to be recognized for his and his teams accomplishments this year. The caveat being, he wasn't very good a few seasons ago and doesn't have a Peyton Manning track record. Then again, he's never had a group of good players around him before and an atmosphere dedicated to winning. His true test will be these next 3 games leading into the playoffs and next year.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bukoski77 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:33 pm

Chimeing in........... Numbers speak for themselves and he is easily a top 10 QB this year. I feel if it isnt broke then dont try and fix it. I think next year his success should continue. Charles Johnson and Peter Warrick have both already exceed expectations ( well Johnson isnt better than Rice yet.........) along with Kelly Washington haveing developed really nicely as a big play threat.

Everything is in place and these guys are all comeing back, I dont see how their defence wont improve with M.Lewis coaching that team, they should have all the tools in place for Kitna to show wether he is the real deal or not.
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canacuna » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:43 pm

I just hope this isn't a repeat of the Kitna version '99. He had a great year, only to fall apart at the end. The next year he was fighting for his job with Brock Huard... Yeah, Brock Huard.

I'm a big fan of Kitna. I went to about two or three of his Central games a year when he was in college and went to two or three Seahawk games a year. My dad said he took me to see him in high school, but I honestly don't remember that. I also have three of his Seahawk jeresies. :-)

I hope he can turn it around and stick as a starter for the remainder of his career. I think Holmgren didn't have much faith in him to begin with and with his signing meant an almost automatic end to Kitna's career in Seattle. I thought Erickson did a lot better with Kitna in Seattle. Oh well.

Getting a little off-topic...

<Anxiously awaits Griffey's return to Seattle>
<Anxiously awaits Randy Johnson's return to Seattle>
<Anxiously awaits Mike Hampton's return to Seattle>
<Anxiously awaits Jay Buhner to un-retire>

...A-Rod can go anywhere he wants, except Seattle.

Unfortunately, I may be anxiously awaiting things for a long time.

Getting back on topic...

...You may now continue your meaningful conversation on Kitna's consideration as a top-ten QB. I say he's #1. ;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:07 am

currently he is top 10,,,,,,,,numbers don't lie,,,,,,,,last year no he wasnt,,,,,,,next year,,,,,,,,maybe,,,maybe not,,,,,,,,,can we let this die now.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:19 pm

I ummm....

I just wanted to apologize for using the word idiot. Definitely immature of me... It just gets on my nerves when it seems like a person is just circling like a vulture waiting for that "one game", that will make him right and ignore everything else that happened before that.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby latraffic » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:51 pm

KingGhidra wrote:I ummm....

I just wanted to apologize for using the word idiot. Definitely immature of me... It just gets on my nerves when it seems like a person is just circling like a vulture waiting for that "one game", that will make him right and ignore everything else that happened before that.

No worries. I admit it, I was circling - it's just been a long time since I've been right about anything this season. Had to gloat. My bad.

I agree this topic can move on, but I do have to make one positive statement about Cincinnati - Coach Lewis is the man. Talk about taking a team and making them better than they thought they could be! Wish he was in Oakland.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:14 pm

latraffic wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:I ummm....

No worries. I admit it, I was circling - it's just been a long time since I've been right about anything this season. Had to gloat. My bad.

I agree this topic can move on, but I do have to make one positive statement about Cincinnati - Coach Lewis is the man. Talk about taking a team and making them better than they thought they could be! Wish he was in Oakland.

pretty cool of your confession there, because i thought you were "circling" too. my opinion of you has changed to a bit more favorable. ;-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:09 pm

latraffic wrote:I agree this topic can move on, but I do have to make one positive statement about Cincinnati - Coach Lewis is the man. Talk about taking a team and making them better than they thought they could be! Wish he was in Oakland.

I would have loved for him to succeed Marty in Washington... oh well.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk