Am I the only one worrying about Roddy? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Am I the only one worrying about Roddy?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Am I the only one worrying about Roddy?

Postby GAMETIME03 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:57 am

roddy has been decent so far, just hasn't had a blow out game yet. Last week was an aberration, ATL ran the ball all day as Carolina has poor run defense. ATL only threw the ball 22 times. I believe I read somewhere that he would of had a TD which was called for pass interference. Anyway, he is fine, he is still seeing a good amount of targets.
GAMETIME03
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tclangham » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:35 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
tclangham wrote:Well with is mediocre games and my record after this week being 2-4, I am thinking about trying to get an AJ Green for him. Someone who at least is catching the ball and scoring TD's. Don't think I can wait for him to blow up when the trade deadline is coming up and his value is going down.

I still like Roddy there, but I guess I can't blame you. Green does look like a stud in the making. I think I'd aim a little higher though.

Offered Roddy White for AJ Green straight up and the AJ Green owner wanted nothing to do with White so now I am trying to get Stevie Johnson. How far the mighty have fallen this year.
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:02 pm

tclangham wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:
tclangham wrote:Well with is mediocre games and my record after this week being 2-4, I am thinking about trying to get an AJ Green for him. Someone who at least is catching the ball and scoring TD's. Don't think I can wait for him to blow up when the trade deadline is coming up and his value is going down.

I still like Roddy there, but I guess I can't blame you. Green does look like a stud in the making. I think I'd aim a little higher though.

Offered Roddy White for AJ Green straight up and the AJ Green owner wanted nothing to do with White so now I am trying to get Stevie Johnson. How far the mighty have fallen this year.

Oh man lol. I guess if I had Green I would decline too. Why trade the guy thats already preforming for the guy that you think can preform.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TaDa » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:11 am

Is it okay to start worrying now? He has a total of 343 yards for the year, last two games of 70ish without Jones on the other side of him. 2 TDs the whole year.

This is really stud WR scoring?
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby liono123 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:19 pm

It's not just Roddy; Matty Ice's numbers are down from last year, and WAY down when compared to his preseason expectations.

I expect Roddy to bounce back, so he's not worth trading for the diminished value he'd demand at this point. Would I buy low? Probably not, but I wouldnt cut him loose on the cheap either.
12 Team $ (PPR + Return Yardage):
    QB: Tom Brady, Andy Dalton
    RB: Charles, Lynch, Martin, Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Rashad jennings, Joe McKnight, Leon Washington
    WR/TE: Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd, Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn
    K: Bryant
    DST: Bills
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby RyanK » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:21 pm

I just traded for him. He has not been that bad, his points are about the same as mr Larry Fitz who has more yards and one less td.

sure hes not touching calvin but throw a few multi TD games for Roddy over the next 7 weeks and he finishes as a top WR. 13 guys have more TDs than him, 8 of them only have 1 more.

Id imagine this bye week can help Ryan work with Roddy and Julio, they have a pretty good passing schedule the rest the way.
RyanK
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:42 am

RyanK wrote:I just traded for him. He has not been that bad, his points are about the same as mr Larry Fitz who has more yards and one less td.

sure hes not touching calvin but throw a few multi TD games for Roddy over the next 7 weeks and he finishes as a top WR. 13 guys have more TDs than him, 8 of them only have 1 more.

Id imagine this bye week can help Ryan work with Roddy and Julio, they have a pretty good passing schedule the rest the way.

3 cheers for optimism!!! ;-D

As a Roddy owner, I was thoroughly in need of that pep talk. Agree 100%!
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby m16a » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:31 am

dgan wrote:
RyanK wrote:I just traded for him. He has not been that bad, his points are about the same as mr Larry Fitz who has more yards and one less td.

3 cheers for optimism!!! ;-D

As a Roddy owner, I was thoroughly in need of that pep talk. Agree 100%!

In competitive leagues, I'll be trying to target him low. Find a jaded owner and try and sacrifice some bye week points for a stronger stretch run. I think he can bounce back, and he's probably as low value wise as he'll ever be.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby tomahawksjt » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:49 pm

when I drafted Roddy he was the 2nd WR off the board. I could of had Calvin #$@!%^&^. Roddy is not the same player he was last year for sure. I was able to trade him for a injured Andre Johnson and I'm happy about it.
tomahawksjt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Am I the only one worrying about Roddy?

Postby deltaboy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:58 pm

m16a wrote:In competitive leagues, I'll be trying to target him low. Find a jaded owner and try and sacrifice some bye week points for a stronger stretch run. I think he can bounce back, and he's probably as low value wise as he'll ever be.

I just traded for him at what I think is low value. I got him and Carter for Benson/Scott and Finley. I already have Daniels and haven't been completely sold on Finley's potential stud status. my RBs have been my handicap this season w/ Mathews/Tolbert and Blount/Graham. It's hard competing with a bench full of RB handcuffs entering some dangerous bye weeks. Had to be done.

12 team standard and my WR is deep w/ Jennings, Austin, White, Breaston. I'm building for the playoffs!
deltaboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 30)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk