Am I the only one worrying about Roddy? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Am I the only one worrying about Roddy?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Am I the only one worrying about Roddy?

Postby GAMETIME03 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:22 am

i understand why roddy would be so undervalued, he is still just outside top 10 in ppr leagues and probably at least top 15 in non-ppr leagues.
Roddy really only had one terrible game against Carolina against whom teams usually run the ball. Don't sell him when he hasn't had his big game yet, it will come.
GAMETIME03
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TaDa » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:35 am

This guy is killing me
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:19 pm

liono123 wrote:It's not just Roddy; Matty Ice's numbers are down from last year, and WAY down when compared to his preseason expectations.

Ryan's numbers have been down, but after watching Julio Jones get a 50 yard and an 80 yard TD this week, I think it is safe to say that Roddy White will not be a stud this year. And sorry, but I'm not as optimistic to expect a lot of multiple TD games this year, after he's already shown what he will do in 8 games.

Antonio Brown has been hot in the last 3 weeks and outperformed White in those weeks (in fact, he's outperformed White in total yards by 39 for the year, with a much more limited role).

In a standard scoring league, I might ride the hot hand of Brown, over these mediocre WR2 and WR3 performances by RW. :,-(
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby dgan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Andre Johnson and Roddy White were supposed to be the strength of my team. Combine that with Hillis and my season has been flushed from the word go...who'd have thought Stafford would be the healthiest player on my roster at this point in the season?

Just shows you can't predict everything....you try to give yourself the best odds with the players you think have the best shot, but ultimately, luck is still the biggest factor in fantasy football. You can't give yourself too much credit or too much blame. Seeing the Chargers and the Falcons just suck offensively this year (by their standards anyway) is peculiar. Neither has key injuries or a difficult schedule...there is really no way to explain why they aren't fantasy behemoths thus far.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Am I the only one worrying about Roddy?

Postby deltaboy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:59 pm

My injury riddled team has consisted of these types of players so far:

Mendenhall
Blount
Hightower
Best
Mathews
Austin
Julio Jones
Finley

Still waiting for Stafford to go down next week. I bet my kicker will get turf toe or something!

~sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

QB: Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan
RB: Ryan Mathews, Mike Tolbert, LaGarette Blount, Michael Bush
WR: Greg Jennings, Miles Austin, Roddy White, Steve Breaston, Braylon Edwards
TE: Vernon Davis
K: John Kasay
DST: Dallas Cowboys

5-3 (12 team standard league)
deltaboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 30)

Postby TaDa » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:08 am

Well now I definitely want to trade Roddy White, I'm just afraid that I wouldn't get much more than Jericho Cotchery for him.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:13 pm

At this point, I don't think I can deal Roddy White. It's pretty unbelievable IMO. The defense focuses so much on Roddy that any other WR2 on ATL has a field day. After Jones left with an injury, H. Douglas 8 catches for 133 yards.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:At this point, I don't think I can deal Roddy White. It's pretty unbelievable IMO. The defense focuses so much on Roddy that any other WR2 on ATL has a field day. After Jones left with an injury, H. Douglas 8 catches for 133 yards.

Did you watch the game? Is this the reason he wasn't getting the ball? - because he draws double coverage all of the time?

If that is true, that is heartening. At least there's a chance teams will play him differently.

If that is not true and Roddy is just "broke" than there's not much else to do. There are so many better options out there right now.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:33 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:At this point, I don't think I can deal Roddy White. It's pretty unbelievable IMO. The defense focuses so much on Roddy that any other WR2 on ATL has a field day. After Jones left with an injury, H. Douglas 8 catches for 133 yards.

Did you watch the game? Is this the reason he wasn't getting the ball? - because he draws double coverage all of the time?

If that is true, that is heartening. At least there's a chance teams will play him differently.

If that is not true and Roddy is just "broke" than there's not much else to do. There are so many better options out there right now.

Nope, I did not watch the game. Hopefully someone who did can shed some light on this topic, but every week its the WR2 on ATL that has the great week. Julio Jones the week before, then Douglas this week.

EDIT - I posted it in another thread, I have the offer of Andre for Roddy straight up, and I don't know if I can pull the trigger. Houston seems to be a run-first team and right now with Leinart in there, who knows what AJ's production will be like.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby dgan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:51 pm

I saw the game. I don't know that there is one answer to what is going on. For starters, they can't run the ball with any consistency. There are just no holes, constant penetration, Turner looks skittish - I think he looks fine running, but is having trouble recognizing the blocking scheme. Everything is just off, and I didn't see much 8-in-the-box situations, allowing defenses to play coverage.

Speaking of being off, Ryan just doesn't look in sync at all. I think Roddy runs a majority of deep routes and Ryan is just not comfortable pushing it down field. The big plays to other WRs are usually short to intermediate passes with a lot of RAC. A couple times White got open deep and Ryan just flat out missed him - by a lot - they just don't seem to be on the same page.

I think there is a lot of hesitant play going on in that offense from front to back. I would describe it as a lack of trust - that they just aren't confident that their teammate is going to do what they are supposed to do, so everyone plays cautious.

I don't really know how else to explain it - I've seen them a few times, and they just don't look like a confident bunch. I figured they would play out of it, but they still look the same as when I saw them in Week 2.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk