Backup RB to own in Detroit? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Backup RB to own in Detroit?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Backup RB to own in Detroit?

Postby machine3 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Best sustained his 2nd concussion of the season in yesterday's game and is questionable for Week 7. I know there is not a great back to own talent-wise, but an average RB in their offense could be valuable.
Morris?
Williams?
Harrison?

Seems to be a crapshoot here, but I would be willing take a chance on one. Thoughts?
machine3
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Backup RB to own in Detroit?

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:50 pm

machine3 wrote:Best sustained his 2nd concussion of the season in yesterday's game and is questionable for Week 7. I know there is not a great back to own talent-wise, but an average RB in their offense could be valuable.
Morris?
Williams?
Harrison?

Seems to be a crapshoot here, but I would be willing take a chance on one. Thoughts?

Total crapshoot IMO, Morris has been there the longest, but the Lions live and die passing the ball & with ATL coming to town next week, I'd expect a whole lot of throwing.

If you hold a high waiver priority, you're probably better served spending it on DeMarco Murray 1st & Tashard Choice 2nd - both will be muliweek plays w/ Felix's high ankle sprain IMO.

The Cowboys already have their bye out of the way & weeks 7-10 feature 3 of 4 games at home & nary a 1 "bad" matchup:

wk7 vs STL
wk8 @ PHI
wk9 vs SEA
wk10 vs BUF

Murray or Choice (I favor Murray) could be in line for a 3 or 4 week stretch of top 15 back rankings.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 16FAC » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Ya know I was wondering the same thing. I took a flier on Harrison at the end of my draft because I felt that Best was injury prone. I dropped him a while ago but now one of those guys could be serviceable if Best misses time beyond this week. Morris got the nod in relief of Best against SF but I think Harrison might be the guy to own. In a day or two we should know.
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:31 pm

I agree that this is a total crapshoot, but I have to say that this topic has become very relevant given Best's concussion. My gut says that Keiland Williams has a chance to be a productive fantasy back if given the opportunity and Jerome Harrison hasn't impressed in limited action. Keiland already has some GL work and a TD if I remember right. Perhaps he could handle an expanded role? I doubt he'll lead the team in touches this week, but he's a deep sleeper right now.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 16FAC » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:19 pm

So we just had a new twist added to this situation. Ronnie Brown was traded to Detroit for Jerome Harrison and an undisclosed draft pick. I think that this week both Brown and Morris will play and whoever plays the best will be the true back up if Best misses significant time.
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Brown is a crap shoot, if he has anything left he could be productive. As for now, I would lean toward Morris. He is a bit more versatile than Williams and Brown needs time to adjust. Really nervous about the Lions right now, their O could slide right into the tank as the run game detriorates and Stafford gets eaiser for Ds to target. Not sure there is much value in any of the Lions RB corps right now.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby 16FAC » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:35 pm

moochman wrote: Not sure there is much value in any of the Lions RB corps right now.

Not even more than Ryan Grants value? I've got to move him. I was gong to take a flier on R.Brown but I may look elsewhere like Spiller, Damian Williams or Nate Burleson.
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:45 pm

16FAC wrote:
moochman wrote: Not sure there is much value in any of the Lions RB corps right now.

Not even more than Ryan Grants value? I've got to move him. I was gong to take a flier on R.Brown but I may look elsewhere like Spiller, Damian Williams or Nate Burleson.

Well, they may get more rushes than Grant, but not sure who will get it and how productive those attempts will be. The Lions O line is not very good. Another thing that worries me about Brown is why the Iggles would give up on him. If you can't produce on some level in that O....
Hey, who knows. Maybe Brown gets revitalized and salvages the end of his career in Detroit. just have serious doubts

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:06 pm

moochman wrote:
16FAC wrote:

Well, they may get more rushes than Grant, but not sure who will get it and how productive those attempts will be. The Lions O line is not very good. Another thing that worries me about Brown is why the Iggles would give up on him. If you can't produce on some level in that O....
Hey, who knows. Maybe Brown gets revitalized and salvages the end of his career in Detroit. just have serious doubts

Exactly. If you cant get going while you have Vick, Desean, Maclin, McCoy, around you then you are not going to get it going with the Lions. I mean he is going to help the Lions but have no fantasy relevance. Its going to be getting us 2 yards when we need 2 yards.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:14 am

I'll take MoMo especially in PPR, Detroit will use him as the workhorse back with Keiland getting a couple of touches here and there. IMO Morris steps right into Best's role and does enough to keep defenses honest. Maurice did OK last year when Best had turf toe.
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk