DeMarco Murray / Dallas RBs sans Felix Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DeMarco Murray / Dallas RBs sans Felix Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

DeMarco Murray / Dallas RBs sans Felix Jones

Postby zechs » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:39 pm

What do you guys make of this guy? Is he a must-add for Felix Jones fantasy owners?

Supposedly it will be a split between Murray and Tashard Choice while Felix Jones is sidelined with a high-ankle sprain. Do you think Murray will run away with the lion's share of the carries or would it be more of a 50/50 type of split?

I was sort of expecting for Murray to do a bit more on the stat sheet than he showed against a not-so all-world Pats run defense that did not game-plan on him. Your thoughts?
14tm. PPR+IDP+return-yds. league
QB-Cam
RB-Shady,DMartin WR-JulioJ,Colston,VJax
TE-Finley K & IDP-[streaming]
BN-JStewart,MReece,Britt,Amendola,BMyers,Kaepernick,BryceB
zechs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DeMarco Murray / Dallas RBs sans Felix Jones

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:53 pm

I think both are speculative pickups in 12 team leagues, but I'm not sure they belong on rosters in 10 team leagues, maybe Murray, but even that is borderline. At this point I'd wait and see how the workload shakes out and I don't think I'd use a high waiver priority, unless I was a Felix owner and had depth issues.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Chicago 2 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:51 pm

zechs wrote:What do you guys make of this guy? Is he a must-add for Felix Jones fantasy owners?

Supposedly it will be a split between Murray and Tashard Choice while Felix Jones is sidelined with a high-ankle sprain. Do you think Murray will run away with the lion's share of the carries or would it be more of a 50/50 type of split?

I was sort of expecting for Murray to do a bit more on the stat sheet than he showed against a not-so all-world Pats run defense that did not game-plan on him. Your thoughts?

I'm sure whomever performs better during the game will get the higher share of carries. I love Murray's upside and the matchup is enticing vs. the worst run defense in the league. I'd take a gamble in a 12 team league if you have byes and/or depth issues.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metropolitans » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Is DMurray worth a #1 Waiver Priority in a 14tm PPR League with a Flex??? I've been holding this priority for over a month now and I really don't wanna waste it! But I also don't wanna keep missing decent pickups Bc it's basically handicapping me! Whatya think??? My RBs are BWells, DThomas, Starks, RTorain. Like I said, we have. Flex so usually (almost always) 3 RBs start for me. I'm currently in 2nd place of 14 teams and I really like having the power of the #1 overall wAiver pick and I feel like my teams already really good and I'd be best off just waiting for a more obvious/bonafide #1 Waiver Picks, like a Pure Backup RB or the emergence of a clear cut #1 WR (I own ARod so a pure backup QB wouldn't benefit me). Thanks for any and all advice!!!
10Team H2H
(8-1 Record)
QB- Stafford
WR- VJax
WR- Marshall
WR/RB-JNelson
RB- RRice
RB- DMC
TE- Gronkowski
K- Akers
DEF- WW Matchups
Bench- Bradford, Morris, Meachem, JBest, JBaldwin, Ridley
Metropolitans
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Cuffs » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Between Murray and Choice, IMO it's Murray all day long. Choice fumbled deep in the red zone again this past weekend. If he's not fumbling late in the half to give up a fumble-recovery TD, he's fumbling away a red zone possession. There were reports of Choice being on the trading block last week. Obviously the untimely injury to F.Jones made that trade less likely.

Murray came in the game and ran hard, including good yards after contact. He only averaged 3.2 ypc, which isn't great, but he was a physical, downhill runner. I was impressed. And I say this begrudgingly as a F.Jones owner.

When Jones Gets back, it will be Jones and Murray, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if this isn't closer to a 60% jones/40% Murray timeshare once Jones returns. They flat out cannot trust Choice with the ball with regularity. Jones has shown yet again this season that he is injury prone. The separated shoulder, now the high ankle sprain, and we're going into week 7. The cowboys will use Murray more to give Jones fewer reps and keep him healthy.

Whether you should use a 1st waiver priority is a different question. You already have the Torain/Shanahan/Hightower problem. You will be able to use Murray this week and next as a reliable flex, IMO. But once jones gets back it will be tough to say whether Murray will get enough reps to be a starter (even though I'd expect him to get at least 10 carries per game). Of course, if (when?) Jones goes down again, you've got a starter on your hands again. Whether something won't happen next week e.g., Chris Johnson going down for the year, and you would wish you'd saved that No. 1 waiver priority for Javon Ringer, no one can tell. Personally, if you've held it this long, I'd be reluctant to use it on a guy who is only guaranteed to get starters reps for a couple weeks. (Of course, he could also blow F.Jones out of the water with those reps, so who knows.)
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:06 pm

I think its settled now. Demarco Murray is the Dallas Cowboys running back.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Football Talk