week 7 byes need RB help! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

week 7 byes need RB help! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

week 7 byes need RB help! WHIR

Postby Stevooo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:42 pm

Non ppr. McCoy and Jacobs (is hurt as well) are on byes. I have SJax and Torrain. Will Torrain still be getting carries this week? Or should I drop Jacobs or Torrain and grab Murray? Which one to drop if I do? Leave a link WHIR!
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: week 7 byes need RB help! WHIR

Postby futbol57102at » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:50 pm

I would drop Torrain for Murray. I don't think Washington has a good RB system for fantasy football, at all. Yeah Dallas doesn't rush much, but Stl has a bad rush defense...Dallas should carry a large lead and run down the clock towards the end by rushing.

help with my very similar situation:
viewtopic.php?t=504296
futbol57102at
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MMhawk607 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:55 pm

On the contrary...
Washington may not have a good RB system. But as you can tell... they don't have a good passing situation going on with Grossman. I'd keep your team as is... Murray isn't the top RB in Dallas.. they'd rather run Jones or Choice than Murray atm.

help?:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=504295
so pro.
MMhawk607 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby futbol57102at » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:04 pm

MMhawk607 wrote:On the contrary...
Washington may not have a good RB system. But as you can tell... they don't have a good passing situation going on with Grossman. I'd keep your team as is... Murray isn't the top RB in Dallas.. they'd rather run Jones or Choice than Murray atm.

help?:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=504295

Washington has 3 viable RBs and a coach that likes to rotate them frequently. I highly doubt Choice will see anything more than 3rd and short situations. Jones will be out week 7 (I read his post as needing a bye week fill in, not a long term choice). Murray will get the majority of carries against a very poor Stl run defense.
futbol57102at
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tapionminoshi » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:31 am

def grab murray, and i would drop torain, but you can make an argument for dropping either. But for sure get murray if you need some help next week.
10 Team PPR
QB - MStafford(DET)
RB - APeterson(MIN), MForte(CHI), DSproles(NO), BTate(HOU), JBell(DET), LMiller(MIA), SVereen(NE)
WR - DBryant(DAL), TSmith(HOU), JGordon(CLE), EDecker(DEN), JJones(GB)
TE - Gronk(NE)
tapionminoshi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 43)

Postby GiantsFanSTL » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:38 am

If you're wanting help just for this week, I say drop Torain for Murray. If Torain has another great game next weekend and Felix Jones come back, you can just as quickly drop Murray and pick Torain back up (if he's still available).
GiantsFanSTL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 68)

Postby SacKings384 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:47 am

Torrain was just awful. Drop him and grab Murray and hope he does better than Torrain did.

www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/view ... p?t=504316
SacKings384
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:57 am

This is the problem, Dallas doesnt commit to the run at all, and Murray will be sharing time with Choice. Torain got 10 carries last week to Helu's 2, and Hightower's 0. I understand you're worried about Torain being the guy this week, but he did nothing to lose the job, and Helu did nothing to win it over him. Hightower may have been held out due to his shoulder, so that may be a factor this week if he looks like he's good to go. Either way I think its a time share at worst between Hightower and Torain. At least Washington commits to running the ball, something that can't be said for Dallas.

If you want Murray you'll have to grab him this week, I just dont like dropping Torain or Jacobs for that matter for him. Both guys are in offenses that will commit to the run. Is there any other drop options?

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=504320
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby brnichols87 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:04 am

If it was me I would drop Hasselbeck for Murray. Hass will continue to regress without Britt and with a fully energized CJ while Ben is most likely to rise in that period. Even if Hass continues to play reasonably well his ceiling has already been reached. thus his upside is marginal at best. Dont waste a roster spot on a marginal qb. In contrast, Murray is highly favored over Choice, and the injury history of Felix will remain the norm throughout the season meaning Murray could get the work in quite a few games. As far as this week is concerned I would go with Murray over Torrain if you are able to add him.
brnichols87
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions