Several ??'s Week 7 and Beyond - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Several ??'s Week 7 and Beyond

Moderator: Football Moderators

Several ??'s Week 7 and Beyond

Postby robotninja » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:57 pm

So somehow during the bye weeks I am able to start the entire team that I have drafted, it is in my signature.

Here are the problems.

Beanie has a tough matchup against Pit and Kolb isnt exactly helping the situation. I am thinking about playing Murray as a flyer because he should get plenty of touches and room to run against a miserable Stl run def.

Vjax should be spending plenty of time on Revis island this week and has been underwhelming for the most part this season. On the upside Gates should be back which could/should draw double teams away. Do i play Greg Little over him at home against a pretty darn bad Seattle pas def. I think he probably has a higher upside and should see a lot of balls thrown his way again (12 last week).

Stafford has been pretty good but had a tough week last week and has another rough matchup against ATL at home this week. Is starting Tebow over Stafford too cute in Tebow's first start this year? Tebow has as good as any matchup @Mia and was a fantasy monster at the end of last season.

Finally it is time to make a change at kicker, I have been sticking with N Folk but he just hasnt been good as NYJ struggle. The best option is probably Novak SD, other options are Barth Tampa, Akers SF (although not this week, on a bye), Mare Car. This would most likely be for the rest of the season.

Thanks for the thoughts, leave a link WHIR!
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Several ??'s Week 7 and Beyond

Postby JoDant06 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:57 pm

I say play your lineup as you have it down below. I wouldn't throw in Tebow over Stafford just yet. As for kickers, Novak seems like a decent choice. When I pick a kicker I look at matchup first obviously, then if they are in a dome.
PPR league
QB - RG3, Dalton
RB - Murray, SJackson, McFadden, Tate, Bolden, Powell
WR - Calvin, Nicks, Amendola, Bess
TE - Gonzalez, Cook
JoDant06
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dude,micah » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Play Murray, Revis Island is not as scary this year Marshall went over 100 yards on him and dropped 3 forsure TDs, would stick to stafford im sure Detroit is pissed about losing and practicing hard, I would grab akers niners are moving ball well and he is doing good. Please check out sleeperbot.com for all you advice needs
QB: Philip Rivers
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Miles Austin
RB: Tim Hightower
TE: Brandon Pettigrew
WR/RB/TE: Kenny Britt
K: Alex Henery
DEF: Detroit
Bench
RB:Mark Ingram
WR: Percy Harvin
RB:CJ spiller
QB: Chad Henne
dude,micah
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KK_Cowboy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Well although Beanie has been ok this year, he is no Ray Rice who ran all over the Steelers earlier in the year. I see no problem going Murray based on the matchup. Tebow could be really good this week, but I think you need to stick with Stafford since he has been consistent this year. I would say either Barth or Novak would be the best for your kicker.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sabomnim » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:25 pm

go with ur studs

beanie, vjax, stafford
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 75)

Postby BearsFan65 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Thanks for mine. I don't think you should be changing anything other than your kicker, Novak should be your guy there. Revis will be better against a less than healthy VJax, but won't shut him down completely. Just don't expect the monster game from him. Little was very good last week and I don't think the Browns can run on Seattle, so expect plenty of targets for him. I just can't see a big enough difference to justify sitting your stud.

Tebow over Stafford is, as you note, too cute. Stafford starts every week unless he's hurt, period. Beanie may have a tough matchup, but he has no competition for carries and has been running with authority this year. Murray will lose a third of the carries to Choice, won't get any of the passing down work, and did we forget the Rams' pass defense is even worse than their run defense? Plus the Cowboys are a throwing team, not a running team. I think Beanie out-touches Murray by a lot and does more with it. Good luck!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)

Postby shreddy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks for help w/ mine.

I would play Murray, pick up Novack and leave the rest the same.
shreddy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby prince_45243 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:14 pm

In fairness to Beanie, I think that he's a well above average RB and I'm not sure that PIT has proven themselves against his quality of RB. Baltimore rushed for 170 yards against them with Ray Rice and company and Houston rushed for 170 yards against them with Arian Foster (155). True, they held down less powerful rushing teams (Seattle (31), Ind (97), TEN (66) and JAC (133)) but I would argue that only JAC's MJD is of a level of RB that Beanie is. I think I'd stick with Beanie here. Murray has a great matchup but so does Romo and I think in the end, Romo's ego will have him throwing it in rather than Murray running it in. Jason Garret needs a win badly.

I have VJax myself and think he's going to be shut down with his injury and Revis. But I have to admit, I didn't even know who Little was and had to look him up. Little hasn't done much against better matchups such as Miami but had an okay day vs. Oakland. That's a tough call for me but I think I'd stick with VJax in your situation.

Stafford had 2TD and 293 yards against a pretty stiff SF defense. I think I'd stick with him against ATL.

Picking a kicker is an arcane science. But if Dan Bailey is available as a fill in, I think you'd be good with him vs. StL. I think Akers is the best of those options and surprised it's available to you and if you're sneaky enough, you can grab him now rather than waiting for the WW scramble next week. He's probably worth it just because he won't have a bye the rest of the year and should be consistent in point scores (he had 3 50+ fgs this year). But I don't think any of the others is any better than Folk.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=504799
-Prince_45243
prince_45243
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Mercury0021 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:05 pm

stick with beanie and vjax. Revis island is a joke, just because the jets only have 1 db so teams pick on their other weaker dbs doesn't mean that revis is so shut down that people think. Marshall tossed revis around on monday night and Vjax is just as big and physical as marshall. Revis only had a pick 6 because he wasn't called for PI when he tossed marshall inside and the ball was thrown the marshall would have been otherwise.

Pitt is no longer a shut down defense. People need to get that into their heads this is 2011 not any other year.
Mercury0021
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 78)

Postby pommona22 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Being an owner of Beenie i see your point in benching him but i am sticking with him...but i also think choice will be more touches than most people will think...
I think the hype is overblown on revis island he has trouble with big receivers and i think Vjack will have a solid game, i definately think your being cute in starting tebow first week in. Novak is a good fill in.
Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=504701
and
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=504701
pommona22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench