Denarius Moore - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Denarius Moore

Moderator: Football Moderators

Denarius Moore

Postby CMan0928 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:27 am

What do you guys think? Does the trade of Palmer to Oakland mean increased fantasy production for the rookie WR?
CMan0928
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Denarius Moore

Postby rotoquest » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:46 am

I like DHB to benefit and have more fantasy production in oakland going forward.
rotoquest
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby spodog » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:41 pm

I think it does help Moore. I can't recall Palmer ever having an athlete with Moore's build and skills, and I'm willing to bet he finds a way to take advantage of those characteristics more than Campbell did.

Palmer commented yesterday that part of the rust he's having to shake off is that he wasn't used to throwing to guys with the kind of speed that the Raiders have, so he's having to adjust a lot of his throws. Kind of an indictment on the dudes he has been working out with I think too (Hank Baskett, T J Houshmenzadeh, Terrell Owens).
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CMan0928 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Both good points, guys. Thanks for the feedback. I was desperate for a WR to pair with Brandon Lloyd. I actually just pulled off a deal about an hour ago. I give up Rashard Mendenhall and Shonn Greene for Marquis Colston, Santonio Holmes, and Jonathan Stewart. Though I won't be starting Stewart at all. I was stuck with Brandon Lloyd, Greg Little, Jon Baldwin, and Demaryius Thomas up until this afternoon. I like my squad going forward.

Matt Stafford, QB
Darren McFadden, RB
Jackie Battle, RB
Marquis Colston, WR
Santonio Holmes, WR
Vernon Davis, TE
Brandon Lloyd, WR
Greg Little, WR
Greg Olsen, TE
Carson Palmer, QB
BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB
Jonathan Stewart, RB
Demaryius Thomas, WR
Jonathan Baldwin, WR

Nick Novak, K

Dallas - DEF
CMan0928
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:46 am

CMan0928 wrote:Both good points, guys. Thanks for the feedback. I was desperate for a WR to pair with Brandon Lloyd. I actually just pulled off a deal about an hour ago. I give up Rashard Mendenhall and Shonn Greene for Marquis Colston, Santonio Holmes, and Jonathan Stewart. Though I won't be starting Stewart at all. I was stuck with Brandon Lloyd, Greg Little, Jon Baldwin, and Demaryius Thomas up until this afternoon. I like my squad going forward.

Matt Stafford, QB
Darren McFadden, RB
Jackie Battle, RB
Marquis Colston, WR
Santonio Holmes, WR
Vernon Davis, TE
Brandon Lloyd, WR
Greg Little, WR
Greg Olsen, TE
Carson Palmer, QB
BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB
Jonathan Stewart, RB
Demaryius Thomas, WR
Jonathan Baldwin, WR

Nick Novak, K

Dallas - DEF

Isnt it Doug Baldwin and not Jon Baldwin?
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby FatFoot » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:48 pm

There's one of each, and both represent "Oh crap" moments if they ever see your starting lineup.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby CMan0928 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Jon Baldwin was a speculative pickup. I've heard really good things about him and figured that on a team where Steve Breaston was his main competition for the No. 2 WR slot, I'd take my chances and hope that he gets a shot in the near future and fulfills some of his potential. He got into a locker room fight with Thomas Jones in the preseason and broke a finger. So he missed time due to that. Plus, it appears he's been in Todd Haleys' doghouse ever since. I'm gonna keep the guy parked on my bench until I get a look at him on the field. You never know, he could be a nice sleeper down the road. But again, if I was forced to start him, it would mean something went seriously wrong for my squad.
CMan0928
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby FatFoot » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:32 pm

I agree. If you have room on your roster, there's nothing wrong with speculating. But the odds are always that if you have to start one of them, something has gone horribly wrong for your team. :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk